help me choose?

Jun 27, 2014
I've been doing magic for about 6 years, lots of card magic and mentalism and mixes of the two. I prefer stuff with no gimmicks, but I'm not anti-gimmick. Looking to spend somewhere between 25-50 on new stuff.

What are you're guys favorite tricks from T11/The Wire/Elsewhere that are kind of in that vein?

I did a lot of research on the history of the methods behind sub rosa, and I get the general idea although i'm sure it's filled with tons of great information that I'm missing. All I've managed to deduce so far is some cryptic messages in old letters from legends (if you catch my drift). I think it'd definitely be a great thing to buy, but I'm wondering if I should get the code instead maybe? or something else?

Gosh, I really don't know. Please help! lol

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I've been doing magic for about 6 years, lots of card magic and mentalism and mixes of the two. I prefer stuff with no gimmicks, but I'm not anti-gimmick. Looking to spend somewhere between 25-50 on new stuff.

What are you're guys favorite tricks from T11/The Wire/Elsewhere that are kind of in that vein?

I did a lot of research on the history of the methods behind sub rosa, and I get the general idea although i'm sure it's filled with tons of great information that I'm missing. All I've managed to deduce so far is some cryptic messages in old letters from legends (if you catch my drift). I think it'd definitely be a great thing to buy, but I'm wondering if I should get the code instead maybe? or something else?

Gosh, I really don't know. Please help! lol
I'd say choose what you feel like you'd use most often.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I've only bought two card tricks from the site. Both of them are one-handed tricks due to me having a constantly injured left hand. They are:

Joel Paschalls - Ace Cut

&

Mechanics Pass

Check out Jason England's stuff too for some great card work. Check out 'Reflex' if you're looking for some great ring-based magic.

As for stuff beyond the Wire and this site, I enjoy a good challenge (and I guess running my head into a wall), I purchased Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic & Impossible Close Up Magic. 'Card Magic has the notoriously difficult 'Raise Rise' as well as several other impossible card performances. I live Ray Kosby's stuff though and I purchased Impossible Close Up magic purely off of what I knew about how batty 'Raise Rise' is. I'll be spending the next few years learning his material. It's seriously difficult stuff.

The other stuff I work with is prop magic, the only brand I work off of is Tenyo Magic. I can guarantee there's a few Tenyo that would be great conversation starters. Easy to learn and you can easily work in your own creativity for a unique performance.

I hope this helps in some capacity!

May 17, 2015
Do you work with a table? If so, Harry Lorayne has many great effects, his stuff is expensive, but it is gold! Sub Rosa + Harry Lorayne material = Mind blown.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results