Help Us Stop Magic Piracy

Sep 3, 2007
Yes you can, and absuredly if no one knows it except you it is unavailable to learn. Copyright magic trick = not teaching it.

So, let's all do ourselves a favor and not be like the guy trying to figure it all out. We all hate that guy so don't be him yourself. Questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
People are a product of circumstances.
A grown person is a product of his or her choices. I can PM you about how wonderful the "product of circumstances" mentality is when applied to the real world. It's a tale of guns, knives and (for me) walking a limp probably for the rest of my life. We would be living in caves worshiping magic rocks if "circumstance" outweighed choices.

You have to make choices in order to make good things happen.

Here's an idea to blow the rest of your argument away. Pay a few dollars to learn a new skill. Both parties help each other. Both parties benefit - and that's what this should be about.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Personally I feel a lot of magic is misrepresented and made to look much better than it really is by good video editing, in cases where the effect is made to look so much better that the real thing is a waste of money piracy is acceptable. I also believe piracy can be acceptable in certain other areas too but generally don't agree.
If you want to stop it do what dan and dave do with their videos.

Aug 4, 2010
If you want to stop it do what dan and dave do with their videos.

Not really,.....That means the time they shut down your video goes bye bye.
You know what else?.......Nothing is safe from being pirated.....A good screen recording program and online viewing is as good as useless.

Aug 15, 2010
A grown person is a product of his or her choices. I can PM you about how wonderful the "product of circumstances" mentality is when applied to the real world. It's a tale of guns, knives and (for me) walking a limp probably for the rest of my life. We would be living in caves worshiping magic rocks if "circumstance" outweighed choices.

You have to make choices in order to make good things happen.

Here's an idea to blow the rest of your argument away. Pay a few dollars to learn a new skill. Both parties help each other. Both parties benefit - and that's what this should be about.

Let me see you put it to action then:

USA is 4% of the total World population and consumes 25.4% of total World oil

Energy use / person (In Gallons of Oil Equivalent)

India: 0.26 Gallons/Day
China: 0.53 Gallons/Day
Germany: 3.44 Gallons/Day
USA: 7.11 Gallons/Day

If each Indian starts to live like an American, we would need 6 planet earths. (Thats more oil consumption than 2 billion Indians and Chinese combined)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

United States (300 million people): 20,680,000 bbl/day
India + China (2 Billion People): 10,300,000 bbl/day

It's not the number of people on earth, it's the number of Americans on earth. - Thomas L. Friedman, Hot, Flat and Crowded

Now you have the info, make the choices that you claimed you have control over, and change.

You see, we're all immoral, pirates, thieves, looters, murderers etc, only on different subjects. Before you go and call someone a thief, maybe you should introspect how many people you paid to get killed.

It's silly to go on pretending that under the skin we are all brothers. The truth is more likely that under the skin we are all cannibals, assassins, traitors, liars, hypocrites, poltroons. - Henry Miller

Source: United Nations

Feb 7, 2010
Sweden, Uppsala
Hi.

A while ago I stumpled upon this website called learnmagiclive. That website is all about magic piracy, and it would be great if it could be taken down.
I won't lie and say that I have never downloaded anything related to magic, I have. But when I read this I just thought about how it would feel if I would be a professional magician myself, and how disrespectful it is. So, well, I just deleted all the magic I have ever downloaded. I know it's not even as close as good as if I never would have downloaded anything at all, but it's an improvement. ;)

Thanks,
// RedPants.

Oct 24, 2010
Philippines
i'll admit that when i started doing magic, i got my first tricks in youtube. but that was before i knew about all the magic stores that were easily accessable to me here. see i live in the philippines and magic is really not that mainstream here like in the states. but ever since i found the stores that supplies the resources that i needed to improve my skills, i never looked in youtube again. so if i spot someone doing something pirate-ish, rest assured that i'll report it.

Jun 10, 2010
EDITED AGAIN FOR EXPOSURE LINK

You're seriously an idiot. He's not actually revealing it in the video, first off, and second off, WHY would you link us to a youtube account believed to have an exposure video of multiple released techniques? FYI, Doc isn't that old, not much older then much teenage dads. He's got two daughters.. Seriously, you come off as such an ignorant idiot it's not even funny. If it exposes a technique, then PM JB about it. You should read the below quote:

Wanted to chime in and say we've already received a ton of reports! Much appreciated guys.

Remember to be as specific as possible when linking us to any infringement / exposure - and please refrain from posting any links as a response to this thread. Simply use the form and we'll handle it from there. ;)

Keep 'em coming. Thanks again guys! You rock.

EDIT: Good. Maybe you have half a brain to not post a link on the forum and you actually can read.

Jun 10, 2010
ok i made a mistake sorry im human so calm down!

Sorry. It's just that there are some idiots around here who claim to know what they know and they still act like little idiots (Mehar). You might just be a new guy who doesn't know what to do :). Just don't post any direct links to exposure, rather, PM them to JB.

Sorry about that, bro.

towtox

Banned
Sep 4, 2010
Calgary Ab
oh also you have to sub him to get it i investigated it further and i got the zoso but its a sub thing and its ok i am a new on this piracy thing!

Jun 10, 2010
oh also you have to sub him to get it i investigated it further and i got the zoso but its a sub thing and its ok i am a new on this piracy thing!

Don't sub to him. Unsubscribe and report his youtube channel, and link it to JB in a PM. Furthermore, Dan and Dave have an on-demand on the zoso change. It also teaches a change of his called the "PAFT Change"... so you can learn 2 changes for $2.95. It's one of their cheapest videos, and it's an absolute STEAL.

Nov 5, 2010
If I catch wind of any I'll report em.

Piracy can give a phenomenal amount of exposure to up and coming artistes as well as spreading their name around. Just like in the music industry, piracy can actually help. For example, you download an album from a band you've never heard of, listen to it and realize that you really enjoy it. You start to look through their discography and check out their tour dates. Soon enough, you'll be a fan and start talking about the band in your daily conversations with that hot girl you met at the bar.

May 19, 2010
Piracy can give a phenomenal amount of exposure to up and coming artistes as well as spreading their name around. Just like in the music industry, piracy can actually help. For example, you download an album from a band you've never heard of, listen to it and realize that you really enjoy it. You start to look through their discography and check out their tour dates. Soon enough, you'll be a fan and start talking about the band in your daily conversations with that hot girl you met at the bar.

Or you can become a fan of the group and just download more stuff illegally.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Recently I've gotten into an exchange with someone in the UK that supports the whole Wikileaks philosophy (which I don't, for many, many reasons. The first of which is the door it opens for everyone to ultimately loose ALL of our current freedom because of such exploitation).

What is being done via the whole Wikileaks "game" is the same exact thing as this thread is supposed to be addressing when it comes to our industry -- insider secrets - the stuff no one else is supposed to know about -- yet, I'm finding that many who go banana's over magic exposure and theft, support this jerk... primarily because they've not really stepped back and seen the greater picture around things and the very real danger this philosophy WILL bring to the whole of the "free" world (as we know it). Too, we are looking at those that haven't stepped back enough to see how, as I've pointed out, this scenario is the same as anyone out there doing the one thing magician's hate -- exposing "craft" based secrets.

Not that long ago jerks of this sort (and not just the main ring-leader) would have been rounded up and shot... end of story. Unfortunately, things have become very complicated in the past 15 or so years and yet, some of those old Cold War elements are still alive and well, tracking this fool's network... in other words, wikileaks has woken up the Big Brother it preaches against and I fear that said giant might prove forgetful when it comes to today's "Politically Correct" ways of addressing things...

Pardon my mini-rant, but I hope you guys get the picture here; not just with wikileaks but all those other industries that have operative secrets that no one else needs to know, nor do they have any kind of "right" to... it goes back to those elementary things we were supposed to learn before age 5-6, like "If it isn't yours leave it alone!"

Think about it...

Sep 2, 2007
London
Craig, I don't think there's any comparison between pirating works of creative endeavour and the kind of things WikiLeaks does. Yes, I accept that both will cause the reaction of a clampdown on freedom of speech and expression, but that's where the similarity ends. WikiLeaks and other such whistle-blowers, investigative journalists, and so on, perform a valuable service, in enabling the actions of governments and big business to be held up to scrutiny. People who pirate DVDs do not.

As I see it, the only way you could decry the actions of WikiLeaks et al is if you believe that governments, and other organisations who have power through economic strength, will always act wisely, morally, legally, and in the best interests of those to whom they have responsibility. History teaches us, however, that, as Lord North said, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely", therefore transparency of the actions and motives of the big decision-makers is crucial.

Sorry to take this thread a bit off-topic, but I did have a tagential reference to pirating! If anyone wants to argue this with me, then feel free to PM me.

Nov 9, 2010
Recently I've gotten into an exchange with someone in the UK that supports the whole Wikileaks philosophy (which I don't, for many, many reasons. The first of which is the door it opens for everyone to ultimately loose ALL of our current freedom because of such exploitation).

What is being done via the whole Wikileaks "game" is the same exact thing as this thread is supposed to be addressing when it comes to our industry -- insider secrets - the stuff no one else is supposed to know about -- yet, I'm finding that many who go banana's over magic exposure and theft, support this jerk... primarily because they've not really stepped back and seen the greater picture around things and the very real danger this philosophy WILL bring to the whole of the "free" world (as we know it). Too, we are looking at those that haven't stepped back enough to see how, as I've pointed out, this scenario is the same as anyone out there doing the one thing magician's hate -- exposing "craft" based secrets.

Not that long ago jerks of this sort (and not just the main ring-leader) would have been rounded up and shot... end of story. Unfortunately, things have become very complicated in the past 15 or so years and yet, some of those old Cold War elements are still alive and well, tracking this fool's network... in other words, wikileaks has woken up the Big Brother it preaches against and I fear that said giant might prove forgetful when it comes to today's "Politically Correct" ways of addressing things...

Pardon my mini-rant, but I hope you guys get the picture here; not just with wikileaks but all those other industries that have operative secrets that no one else needs to know, nor do they have any kind of "right" to... it goes back to those elementary things we were supposed to learn before age 5-6, like "If it isn't yours leave it alone!"

Think about it...

I really don't think this is a good topic to discuss here. It's politics, ethics, law and a lot of other things, all of which can be sensitive and cause unnecessary heat between members.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results