Help with Stairway (FIVE)

Jan 10, 2009
Hi guys, I'm not sure if there is a forum to discuss the effects from the Five DVD, but I'm having trouble with one of the effects. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to a forum, if not a PM would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Dev

Nov 8, 2007
I've had trouble with it too. This seems to be common for quite a few people.I think the instruction is a bit unclear.

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
Thank you all for your interest in "Stairway". This is one effect I always perform for it's impact on the audience.

It would be very difficult to describe the handling for the climax to Stairway without revealing the method to those who have not purchased the DVD. The DVD breaks down the handling several times, and those who can perform the first part of the routine, will be able to do the climax. If you are still having problems after watching the DVD, feel free to PM me, and I will help as much as I can.

I have some new magic is on the way soon!

Marcus Eddie

Sep 20, 2009
Thank you all for your interest in "Stairway". This is one effect I always perform for it's impact on the audience.

It would be very difficult to describe the handling for the climax to Stairway without revealing the method to those who have not purchased the DVD. The DVD breaks down the handling several times, and those who can perform the first part of the routine, will be able to do the climax. If you are still having problems after watching the DVD, feel free to PM me, and I will help as much as I can.

I have some new magic is on the way soon!

Marcus Eddie

i sent you a PM months a go and you never responded

May 3, 2008
One thing that extremely helped me, was just covering the action more. I'd pretty much start with my hands at eye level and lower it down quite a lot as i did it. This really helps.

Mar 27, 2010
I decided to skip the ending move, i dont have the balls to try it out because in the mirror its look terrible and i think laymen will pick it up really quick :(

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Marcus is right, if you can do the beginning you can do the end. There's only one small difference in it.

I bought this effect two days ago, and already performing it. Rubberband magic is pretty awesome :D

I can't wait to see some more of your stuff Marcus.

Marcus Eddie

theory11 artist
Thank you Robert//Livingston!

I just got done doing my restaurant gig, and I realized, Stairway is the one effect that gets the biggest reactions. When the bill melts down all four strands, it effects people in a strange way. You can not be afraid to do the last move. Try it, and see the reaction for yourself. It may seem obvious in the mirror, but you have to remember how it may have fooled you before you knew the secret. The audience doesn't know what to expect, so hit 'em hard with the finale. Have fun with this, treat it with respect, and you will have an effect in your arsenal that is GUARANTEED to leave a lasting impression in your audiences mind!

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Damn I going to pay this with some tally hos. Still have to same money for a mexico jersey before the World Cup starts.

Quick question. In the 1on1 Marcus tells you what a size rubber band you use or does it really matter?

Jun 7, 2009
I have a bit of trouble right after the first jump. A lot of time the band comes off my ring fingers. Do I just need more practice or are the some things that would help?

Thanks

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I have a bit of trouble right after the first jump. A lot of time the band comes off my ring fingers. Do I just need more practice or are the some things that would help?

Thanks

More practice! I learned this by just watching the 1-on-1 trailer. I have done this for about four people so far and they didn't see a thing. I know this because the people I did it for are not afraid to tell me other wise.

Just keep working at it...

...and Marcus can't wait to see more.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results