Here We Go...

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
...This site is heavily populated with a bunch of jackals only looking out for Number 1...

Which is bull because this is Number 11.

=P.

Sorry, a little humor never hurt anyone right?

On a more serious note: I'm going to have to side with Sean on this one. It would be amazing to have this place better and friendlier, but honestly, I don't think it will happen. Some people (as stated by AdJones) were bashing over DttDU, to me it was a simple cut, but it would be an effective cut. Longer and more flashier stuff isn't always better, I've shown my dad material before and he has lost intrest (although he kept watching) in it because it was too long.

So in closing (I fell like i'm in Lit. class...), guys, please stop bashing over this simple little cut. Joel's stuff is great stuff just not hardcore like some of you may want.

-SM

D

Deleted member 2755

My thread was useless. So is this one. Adjones, check your PM box.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Unless if some of the members are cats.:eek:

Well, they're certainly catty about their opinions.

To be honest, I WANT to see some negative stuff on here. If ever review is "It is awesome. Buy it now!" they don't become reviews anymore. Every now and then, someone would post a review about something that isn't that good. Then, they would be bashed for being disrepectful. What? Why?? When the DTTDUC got released, I was highly disappointed. As were a lot of others. So, I posted on these forums about how much I was let down. THEN, people would be upset since I didn't say: It is awesome. Buy it now! See what I'm getting at?

You're talking about adding constructive criticism, not negativity.

And in regards to the overblown cut controversy, I didn't like the move either. That might explain why I didn't buy it.

However, I'm not so emotionally invested in a dream of what this site is supposed to be that I felt a need to put on my tabard and broadsword and go on a bloody crusade or raid J. Bayme's house with torch and pitchfork in hand to get back my money that I never actually spent.

To this day, the only thing I've bought from Theory 11 was Control. So maybe that means I'm unsympathetic to your plight, or maybe it means that I'm in more of an objective stance of happy apathy.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
My thread was useless. So is this one. Adjones, check you PM box.

-Doug

WARNING: The following quote is/ or may be considered off-topic. Side -effects may include, bashing, barfing, being baffled, or be amazed. Please consult your doctor before reading this post.

Sinful... Your... Avatar... Is...

AWESOME!!

-SM

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Fatal Ace, I see your point. But it's not the "This product was bad because of that", it's the attitude behind it.

I get the impression that there are a few people who feel that they are better than all the rest of us.

For example, when the announcement was made that the price was coming down on the 1 on 1 in question, the first response was something like "still not low enough".

What kind of attitude is that? When was the last time you've seen a sales shop lower the price of a product within 48 hours of a release because of a few complaints? As it was said before, T11, did not have to do that.

It just seems to me that if you don't like a product, fine, state that you don't and why. But that's not what was put out.

What was put out were things like "We must protect the noobies", "Go watch it on youtube", "PM me and I'll tell you how it's done". This, after a number of postings about "exposure will kill magic".

It's just plain egotistical and hypocritial. That's the problem. Even in this thread, when someone what venting about this very thing, there was a crack about someone bucking for a mod postition. What kind of attitude is that?

Even someone claiming that it shouldn't be shown because it's "public domain". How egotistical is that? Look, as someone who's done hypnosis for years, I've seen thousands of books as to how it's done. Thousands of different ways to make someone do something for you.

Well, here it is: you relax someone and make a suggestion. There. That's it. That's the big secret to hypnosis. Now you don't have to buy a lot of books or pay instructors to teach you. That's all there is too it.

The point is that the people saying "I don't like it", is fine, but the problems were not that it wasn't liked, it was the blantet, overblown egos behind it. Add to that the attitude of "This is what is going to end T11". (Paraphrasing a statement someone said), and the insults to the people who disagreed with them.

It's not the "this isn't a good product", it's the superiority complex behind it.

May 16, 2008
Pittsburgh
This seems to be a trend with forums.

Look at the ellusionist forums. I recently started coming here more often due to my annoyance of the E fourms. It used to be a great place to learn. Now it's full of fanboys and over serious people. I see countless threads with things like this:

thread 1
new person 1 - hey guys whats the best deck in the whole world!?
over serious person 1 - ok you need to use the search feature. please read the forum rules.

thread 2
new person 2 - hey guys whats the best product on this site?
rare helpful person - hey welcome, the first thing you need to do is find what you're into, cards, coins etc. Then look at the effects here on the site, and study which one suits your personality.
new person 1 (trying to be like over serious person 1) you need to read the forum rules, stop posting things like this its getting annoying.

then it's just a chain effect.

I couldn't agree more with the statement that less professionals are coming here for this reason.

The sad thing is that all of the fanboys will read this thread and post something like "yea right on man I hate that too" or "you rock man you're totally right"

-Kevin

Sep 1, 2007
This seems to be a trend with forums.

Look at the ellusionist forums. I recently started coming here more often due to my annoyance of the E fourms. It used to be a great place to learn. Now it's full of fanboys and over serious people. I see countless threads with things like this:

thread 1
new person 1 - hey guys whats the best deck in the whole world!?
over serious person 1 - ok you need to use the search feature. please read the forum rules.

thread 2
new person 2 - hey guys whats the best product on this site?
rare helpful person - hey welcome, the first thing you need to do is find what you're into, cards, coins etc. Then look at the effects here on the site, and study which one suits your personality.
new person 1 (trying to be like over serious person 1) you need to read the forum rules, stop posting things like this its getting annoying.

then it's just a chain effect.

I couldn't agree more with the statement that less professionals are coming here for this reason.

The sad thing is that all of the fanboys will read this thread and post something like "yea right on man I hate that too" or "you rock man you're totally right"

-Kevin

Well, hey there New Person 3487. Don't forget to read the forum rules and use the search feature! Or else! (Dana Hocking will cry)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That's what I was trying to get at by saying that those people will come on this thread and say "yea you rock for posting this"

it is sad

-Kevin

Exactly right, it happened in my thread too. I'm with Sean on this one, can't be bothered to say much more for now.

Although, I just noticed, Exhibit B, in a thread about how arrogance and ego hurts magic:

I can execute my sleights perfectly, I make my audience laugh because im hilarious and I have red hair.Im not surprised that most of you

are Noobs, I could tell by the responses.

Sigh. Seriously, what are you meant to do? This is the point where you should stop caring and lol as they grow up and fail at life.

Sep 1, 2007
Sigh. Seriously, what are you meant to do? This is the point where you should stop caring and lol as they grow up and fail at life.
To be honest I don't think he's actually serious, he's part of a series of bad trolls that have appeared on this site, I think the fact that he's doing it for the sake of annoying people is even more sad, that he would dedicate time of his life to that...

I can agree with you on one thing: The site is going downhill.

Everything you said is generally correct but I think you left out the fact that half of the "good" posters are arrogant jerks.

Honestly there are some posters who need to get their heads out of their ***es and accept others opinions.

Their are the closed minded noobs but on top of that there is the group of people who have perfect grammar, well thought out opinions, decent arguments and all around great posts but think they are the champions of the universe at magic and that anything they say is law.

They make me just as mad.

Oh...that and you left me off the list of good posters :p (I am obviously kidding if you cant tell haha.)

Sep 1, 2007
How is this site going downhill?!! If you guys can't deal with someone's opinions, even if they are being extremly blunt about it, your the ones who need to grow up. I'm totally with Fatalace and copperfield, these threads are pointless, if anything, they lead to more arguing.
With the Dtttduc people knew that it was overpriced and they bought it anyways? When I see a problem, I do everything in my power to fix it.

conjure- In think eveyone "excepts" each others opinions. If they argue more, then they are just furthering their own opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
Thats perfectly fine. I respect that, because you were mature about it, and you didn't insult me. If half the members here were like you then we wouldn't have these stupid threadss.

Here's what I say.
You're supposed go out, perform magic, and if you have any problems, you can ask the community here. I think many of you need to be practicing and performing instead of spending a lot of your time on this site messing with the forums. No offense to anyone.
Z

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results