How did you get into magic?

Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
www.myspace.com
Well all here have a story of how we got into magic.How we felt when we first saw a person doing this incredible things and u wonder wow is that possible for me to do it. I remember mine i was only about 8 years old and my parents took me to see a magician perform, I remember that day he did some old tricks like vanishing a bird that was in a cage. I remember the reaction of the crowed the smile in everyone faces that happiness like nothing in the world matter to them at that moment. I was amazed I wanted to be like him to make people forget about there problem even if it was for a slightly second that feeling of joy when you perform to a crowed from that day i had this dream of becoming a magician but i was only a little kid there much i can do as just watch and read about famous magician. Years passed and i keeped watching these men who could to thing to seemed were impossible until i learned my first trick which was Stigmata from that day i started learning more tricks and performing and amazing people i love the feeling of looking at there faces as they are shocked as they just seen something amazing happen in front of there eyes.Well that was my stories how did some of you got into magic?

My cousin James showed me a trick using the glide when I was 8 yrs old I think, but that didn't really spark it. Later like when I was probably between 10 and 12 this guy showed me Dr. Daley's last trick and I was blown away. I just had to know how the hell those cards switched places. I begged and begged for like a whole week everyday for him to show me. Finally he gave in, and I was so hooked. I'll never forget that feeling of being so amazed. Soon after that I bought Scotch and Soda and started performing for people and learned how much fun it was to watch these peeps faces. It truly is an incredible feeling and it keeps getting better. Before I went to a hotel party last Saturday I was at a friends house and I did Torn for his sister, afterwards she began making weird noises and she was just staring at the card after I handed to her for a whole 10 minutes. I love the feeling I get to see these people who are in just total shock. That's what got me into magic and that's why I do it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Later!

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I was amazed with magic but never wanted to perform until....
My good friend showed me some very visual effects at school, like snap change and shapeshifter, and you know how it is, when a card chnages right in front of your face you will be amazed so I asked him how he did it (who knew) he said that if I wanted to do magic seriously I should go to this one site and he gave me the url, it's magichat.co.uk and they have free tricks that you have to gain access to by posting in the forum or answering magic questions, and it' sthere I started but then I got bored of it, although I had already some skills like double, snap change, and some card controlls, but I lost interest in magic for about a year.And then this summer I was bored so I started to go to it again, and then I got into it and practiced a lot (like the whole day) and got really good, and at the end of the summer I used my b-day money and got the Trilogy, and then I got here.

Nov 20, 2007
At six years...

At six years of my life I invented a con to get my friends quarters. It really was magic-con of sorts. I basically changed the quarters into candy that I got from my parents. It is really funny that it worked. I had this magic bank that i used and some pretty bad slight of hand that would only work for six year olds. After that it was TV magi and my father who showed me some magic over the years. Did my first real show at the age of 10 for my fathers side of the family. From then on I have been performing magic.:D

Sep 14, 2007
How I got into Magic..

When I was 11, I went to Disney World, My family and I were in some part of it (I forget what it was:p). There was a magic shop there, I kept watching and watching the magicians preform and i was amazed. I came back to the shop many times during the course of the night, and bought my first trick, the svengali deck with a book that teaches you a bunch of tricks with it. I've been hooked ever since:p

-magicmatt:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results