How do you perform at school?

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
Thanks ;)

But it really is an important post. VisualArtist just pointed out, being labelled is not the way to go :cool:

G

exactly why i don't perform at school that much, i do get asked a lot, so every now and then i will. i did a lot as a freshmen and word spread so a lot of people have heard of me from that

-Nikki

Its definitely important to not perform all the time for 2 reasons that go hand in hand.

1- so you dont run out of tricks

2- people dont lose intrest in your magic because they saw it too much

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Its definitely important to not perform all the time for 2 reasons that go hand in hand.

1- so you dont run out of tricks

2- people dont lose intrest in your magic because they saw it too much

Agree. I guess tormorrow I will start to perform since somebody ask me to do a trick today during lunch.

May 31, 2008
Steps:

1. Take out cards and do simple flourishes with them.
2. Wait for someone to say, "What the f*** are you doing?"
3. Say, "Hold out your hand." Perform a two-card monte with fast-talking patter and a commanding presence.
4. Put the cards away, and walk away (if possible)

They will tell their friends or ask you to do more at another time.

TIPS:

-Try not to use a lot of story patter, it bores teens.

-Perform only before school, after school, long passing, and at lunch.

-Don't limit yourself to just cards.

-Remember, you're not a trained monkey. Don't become known as "magic kid" become known as "David, who does magic plays guitar, and likes Nirvana" Or whatever it is that you like or whatever other activities you're into. When you're done performing for someone, ask them what music they're into, what classes they have and stuff like that. Don't just do magic

Feb 21, 2009
I always got A's and never had to work so I just sat and played with cards all class. Eventually I got know as the kid that could do magic!:p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results