How Many Ways Can We Alter the Name "Sybil"?

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Alright guys,

The point of this thread is to post your variation of the name Sybil (yes the cut). Examples would be Sybilism, 5 Faces of Sybil, etc.

I'll start out:

Syblime, Sybly the Best, Sybiltastic, Sybilmania, Another Sybil Variation!.

Your turn.

//David.Misner::

Sep 1, 2007
Orange, CA
kevhonline.net
I think what David means is words that you can incorporate 'Sybil' into. A really common example is to have 'Sybil' replace the suffix 'sible' that ends a lot of words:

"You've owed the Mafia eighteen grand for the past seven months and you're still alive? That's ImpoSYBIL!"

"My favorite movie scene? Um... I'd have to say that 10-minute rape sequence with Monica Belluci in IrreverSYBIL."

"Sorry guys, I can't go paintballing today... I have to finish reading Act Three of The CruSYBIL. Meh."

"I think I have a 'rough' idea how the InviSYBIL deck is done."

More here:

http://www.morewords.com/contains/sible/

"What the hell did Kevin just write in his post? I swear to you, that kid is incomprehenSYBIL."

-Kev

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
What's pretty amazing is how the original meaning of the word was lost.

I'm pretty sure "Five Faces of Sybil" was most likely named that way after the book/miniseries/film about a woman named "Sybil" who had multiple personality disorder. Hence "Five Faces" of "Sybil."

And now every move like it is called a sybil!

Aug 31, 2007
What's pretty amazing is how the original meaning of the word was lost.

I'm pretty sure "Five Faces of Sybil" was most likely named that way after the book/miniseries/film about a woman named "Sybil" who had multiple personality disorder. Hence "Five Faces" of "Sybil."

And now every move like it is called a sybil!

Really, I just thought that it was based on the Sybil, and it displays five faces of cards. Seems more plausible.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
The first sybil was Five Faces of Sybil, from Chris Kenner's Totally Out of Control. That's where it came from.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Aug 31, 2007
The first sybil was Five Faces of Sybil, from Chris Kenner's Totally Out of Control. That's where it came from.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmm... you are wrong. Chris Kenner made a sybil in TOOC, which was similar to genesis, but he also made a simplification called FFOS

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I thought the first Sybil was... what the hell happened to sybil? but I think I'm wrong so dont call me retarded or anything ;)

Sep 1, 2007
My favorite way to use the word would be to quote Ralph from the Simpsons:

"Me fail English? That's Unpos(sybil)!"

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I think what David means is words that you can incorporate 'Sybil' into. A really common example is to have 'Sybil' replace the suffix 'sible' that ends a lot of words:

"You've owed the Mafia eighteen grand for the past seven months and you're still alive? That's ImpoSYBIL!"

"My favorite movie scene? Um... I'd have to say that 10-minute rape sequence with Monica Belluci in IrreverSYBIL."

"Sorry guys, I can't go paintballing today... I have to finish reading Act Three of The CruSYBIL. Meh."

"I think I have a 'rough' idea how the InviSYBIL deck is done."

More here:

http://www.morewords.com/contains/sible/

"What the hell did Kevin just write in his post? I swear to you, that kid is incomprehenSYBIL."

-Kev

Thanks Kev, you just pretty much ruined it for me. Damn you and your bright ideas.

//David.Misner::

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results