How much do you charge?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
it actually depends of what kind of audience is going to be, how far away is the place, the kind of people going...a lot of factors...

but to give you an average would be...

private parties...not so far away, around 20-30 people,1 hour...175 bucks (here that would be around 2000 pesos..)

I'm not an advanced magician, only 2 years in. 1 hour show makes a $25 bill. If it is more than an hour away, an extra 10/20 bucks, depending on distance. Fundraisers are free, I then work on tips. I made $70 alone in tips today in an hour. :)

Prae I dont think he means how much he should charge or a what's a reasonable price. I think he wants to know what we charge.
I charge something in between 175-350 $, it depends on what type of show it is.
I've been in magic for about 2 years.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Kids b-day parties 1/2 hour of magic = $125 if they want balloon animals it is $150 because I stay another 20 minutes to create them
Adult private party at home for 45 minutes = $150
Strolling at a Wedding Reception or Corporate Party = $100 per hour and they include a meal for me at the end of the night

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
You want to be Vancouver's cheapest magician and still provide quality. Are you serious?
Number one, you aren't going to be given much respect or much thought if you are only charging $25.00.
Second of all, you are undercutting everyone else around you and your name will be drug through the mud. I've seen it happen.
Any major client is going to think, "We aren't paying $25.00 bucks for a show that could be crap." They would rather pay $300 and be guaranteed to book a fantastic show where all the guests will feel special and enjoy the magic.
People know that they get what they pay for.

Just food for thought. By no means do you have to listen.

You want to be Vancouver's cheapest magician and still provide quality. Are you serious?
Number one, you aren't going to be given much respect or much thought if you are only charging $25.00.
Second of all, you are undercutting everyone else around you and your name will be drug through the mud. I've seen it happen.
Any major client is going to think, "We aren't paying $25.00 bucks for a show that could be crap." They would rather pay $300 and be guaranteed to book a fantastic show where all the guests will feel special and enjoy the magic.
People know that they get what they pay for.

Just food for thought. By no means do you have to listen.

I do know it's really cheap. I also know that I'm a pretty good magician. But is anything more than $100/hr worth too much for a 14 year old magician? Really? Jamie D. Grant suggested that I do nothing less than $150, but I think it may be too much.

It depends on what others are charging in your nearby parts.
When you have a good understanding of the levels where others are and what they are charging then you make the decision.
I take 150 dollars for a half an hour of close-up and starting with 250 dollars(90 people max 300 for over that) of stage.

M.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I agree with mehar... I don't think anyone would pay 150$ for a 14 year old magician. That's the problem. Everyone's assuming that everyone here is over 20...

Other people in Vancouver are charging somewhere from $150 all the way up to $500-$600. I updated my ad, and now its at $50, which I think is reasonable. I emailed my client back and she said that the people were still talking about me after I left, and that she would recommend me to anyone who needed a party.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results