How to structure a routine?

Oct 6, 2007
How am I supposed to structure my Card Magic routine?

i want to encorporate the followin tricks into a routine, but I don't know where to start:

Here then There and/or Two Card Monte
Panic
ACR
Biddle Trick

Its nt many tricks, but I want to start out small first...

Oct 24, 2007
Well, it's best to save your best for last. And, from what I see, your best is Panic. It's pretty simple, start them out with something pretty good, then build them up.

1. Biddle Trick or Two Card Monte
2. Two Card Monte or Biddle Trick
3. ACR
4. Panic.

Ending with Panic is good. ;) Get some more tricks so you can build up a longer routine. :) Peace!

Tyler

Dec 8, 2007
I also think its important that you keep in mind what the overall "vibe" of the tricks you put into your routine are, I would try to keep it pretty consistent throughout the whole routine.

Also, as Justin said, building it up the "wow" factor of the routine is pretty much the way to go. Personally I like to take two steps forward, then one step back; meaning I perform one or two effects that build on each other, then something to tone my routine back into reality. I repeat this a couple times, then finish with something really powerful. Of course, how long your routine is would determine if you can do this or not...

Finally, the most important thing to any routine is (in my opinion) for you to find a friend or family member to bounce it by, over and over again. This is to work out just exactly which tricks get better reactions, what's wrong with your patter, and basically everything that separates a good routine from a great one.

Good luck and happy routining :)

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Here Then there
Biddle trick
ACR
Panic..

For me two card Monte shouldnt be in your routine unless it'll work as a closer, but it doesnt so.. =)

my opinion man

Sep 1, 2007
I always start with either my ACR or 2CM. I'd recommend finishing with Panic, like everyone else is saying. You probably don't want to do your most complex piece last. You want something simple that you can't screw up under any circumstances so that your audience is assured a powerful closer.

Read this: http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1685

Maybe it'll help.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
So far, everyone's got some good advice.

Just my 2 cents: Never try and force a full routine. Just start off with something quick, simple, and visual. If they're impressed, keep goin'! I usually start off with 2CM or Here Then There.

Good luck!

Sep 1, 2007
So far, everyone's got some good advice.

Just my 2 cents: Never try and force a full routine. Just start off with something quick, simple, and visual. If they're impressed, keep goin'! I usually start off with 2CM or Here Then There.

Good luck!

That's some crazy-awesome advice. Something good to remember for all of us.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I would start with the biddle trick, having them sign the face of the card. It is no longer one out of 52 cards, it is now unique. The card chosen mixed with where they signed the name, no other exists like it in the world.

Go on to perform the biddle trick. When they hold the deck, and the card vanishes from your hands, you can tell them the card is just trying to find its owner. Continue into an ACR with the signed card. Explaining the card still want to stand out, to continue being unique and not wanting to be lost in the deck.

You can then go into a 2CM using two kings, assuming their card was not a king. Try and end with the signed card and its twin being the ones left in their hand. As they look at their card, get ready to perform panic (I do not own it, so I'm making an assumption you are able to do this). Explain that the way 2CM worked is you actually had the kings the whole time, and everything else was just an illusion, and perform panic. They are left with a signed card as a souvenir of what you did, and you are only left with the four kings, a nice way to say you are done with your performance, and no one can ask you to do it again (Well they could, but you have no deck ;) )

Just an idea.

Or, take mattjones advice and just perform as long as the audience seems interested. You don't want them feeling like they have to stay and watch you.

-ThrallMind

Oct 24, 2007
How am I supposed to structure my Card Magic routine?

i want to encorporate the followin tricks into a routine, but I don't know where to start:

Here then There and/or Two Card Monte
Panic
ACR
Biddle Trick

Its nt many tricks, but I want to start out small first...

I however would open with panic, people will get their attention drawn to you and it will show you are magical

Then go with two card monte that, another great reaction

Next go with biddle

And use the card that they picked (hopefully singed) to do ambitious with a strong ambitous closer (braue pop up, risng card, etc)

Sep 1, 2007
Littleton
well, i, personally, would say sandkings before panic. i know it wasnt in your list, but i like to blend cards used in tricks together. like sanverted, thank you le paul, repro retro, and sandkings.
they all use aces and kings, so they know that you cant be usin gimmicks, cause gimmicks do one thing or one trick. cause searchin through the deck for cards you've shuffled in trick-before-last is stupid. so make sure to think about what cards are used before and after tricks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results