I got robbed...

Sep 2, 2007
Ramo. Don;t quit magic. Shawn Farquar (Spelling?) had his entire apartment buiolding burned down by an arsonist. and look at him now! He won Fism because he DIDN'T GIVE UP

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Ramo. Don;t quit magic. Shawn Farquar (Spelling?) had his entire apartment buiolding burned down by an arsonist. and look at him now! He won Fism because he DIDN'T GIVE UP

Holy crap that sucks for Shawn. I love that guy... haha
ah well
hope he got insurance
and its harder to change when youre old as you got nothing else

Hello,

I am very sorry you got robbed. It must have been a horrible experience. Go to the police. See if you can track down who robbed you.

I was a little confused... you say you're twelve, and you live alone in an apartment? If your parents live with you, then did the robber take any of their belongings?

Sep 1, 2007
this is why god invented the AR-15 dude. either get one of those or a really big dog, and nobody will mess with your s***, and if they do, instant darwinism.

this is why god invented the AR-15 dude. either get one of those or a really big dog, and nobody will mess with your s***, and if they do, instant darwinism.

My dad works as a Transportation Officer who transports prisoners from jail to jail, or to doctor appointmens, or dentist appoointments, etc. And on one occasion he had an interesting chat with some of the prisoners. All of them said that dogs are terrible house protectors. The inmates said that they broke into houses with pitbulls, dobermans, rotweilers, akitas, huskies, but none of them gave the robber any issues. The dog just ran and hid.

However, cats they said cause huge issues. (Not Joking.) They said cats constantly screech and attack you when you try to rob a house and the dog just sits and watches from a corner.

Fun Fact,
Dylan P.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Holy Balony!

Would've never thought of that Dylan.

And Incognito, what are we?

Flypaper for freaks?

Gustav

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
My dad works as a Transportation Officer who transports prisoners from jail to jail, or to doctor appointmens, or dentist appoointments, etc. And on one occasion he had an interesting chat with some of the prisoners. All of them said that dogs are terrible house protectors. The inmates said that they broke into houses with pitbulls, dobermans, rotweilers, akitas, huskies, but none of them gave the robber any issues. The dog just ran and hid.

However, cats they said cause huge issues. (Not Joking.) They said cats constantly screech and attack you when you try to rob a house and the dog just sits and watches from a corner.

Fun Fact,
Dylan P.

That is definitely not true.

I lived in a bad area growing up where houses were being robbed constantly. The reason why we were never robbed was because of my dog. He went crazy whenever someone new came through the front door.

One night my neighbor's house was robbed, and they also tried to get into my house.
My window in my kitchen was found up and the screen was split. When they tried to get in, he probably jumped up, barked, and growled until they went away. There's no doubt in my mind that he would have torn to pieces whoever was coming through that window that night.

My cats could care less about who goes in and out of my house. My dog is my protector.
I guess it just depends on how you train them.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
That is definitely not true.

I lived in a bad area growing up where houses were being robbed constantly. The reason why we were never robbed was because of my dog. He went crazy whenever someone new came through the front door.

One night my neighbor's house was robbed, and they also tried to get into my house.
My window in my kitchen was found up and the screen was split. When they tried to get in, he probably jumped up, barked, and growled until they went away. There's no doubt in my mind that he would have torn to pieces whoever was coming through that window that night.

My cats could care less about who goes in and out of my house. My dog is my protector.
I guess it just depends on how you train them.

I think you pretty much covered it in that last line. All dogs are different, some will rip the heads off of any burglars stepping into your house. Others are timid and would back away. It's the same characteristic humans have. Some people I know would seriously hurt anyone trying to steal their things. Others I know would be too scared to interfere and would rather have their objects robbed.

-Sam H

Aug 31, 2007
I just noticed magicians make great thieves. "Im gonna pick this lock in 5 seconds... im in... hey look theres everything lets take it. OH CRAP ITS THE POLICE! hi police man officer.... whats this in my hand? no its not... whered it go??? oh my god? i dunno what youre talking about.. damn still cuffing me... ill just pick my way out.... there we go.... RUN FOR MY LIFE!!! crap caught me.... SLEEP! ill just leave you there on the floor officer.. hey look your wallet.. ill just take this and your gun... and your badge.... yay.."

THAT was great.

Look I only read bits and pieces of this thread so Im not going to pretend I know whats happening here but a AR-15 didn't do me any good since they took my SKS while I was out of state performing and visiting family. Here's an old post from way back after I was robbed but I laugh at it now cause it didn't make me the magician I am today. So suck it up and get back in the game.

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=2623

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I think he should be happy that this idiot of a thief took decks instead of the more valuable stuff.
and as for Dylan's comment "You know you are 100% correct. That is why I keep a pet Liger (half lion half tiger) just out side the door. Vote for pedro!" um... yea... im bored...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results