I love live TV - Phenomenon!

I dug up the video for you guys,I havn't looked at all the other pages, so I don't know if it's there.

Check it out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzdhN5CBNpE

Thank you for posting that I didn't have the time to find it myself recently. That was rather amusing and funny to watch, I need to see it a couple more times though before commenting on it though I don't want to give off the wrong impression after 1 view

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I'm so glad that someone posted that. I was wondering when a uncensored version might pop up. They made it seem like Criss totally jumped down Jim's throat with insults and other bad language.

Awesome post.

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
I'm only guessing, but since it was a live show, the directors were just being careful no profanity was going to be shouted over the airwaves. They can get fined when that happens so they probably just stuck to the safe side to mute some of it.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I'm only guessing, but since it was a live show, the directors were just being careful no profanity was going to be shouted over the airwaves. They can get fined when that happens so they probably just stuck to the safe side to mute some of it.

Ah, that is totally understandable then. I hope that others get to see that footage though. Even those that aren't exactly in the magic community like us.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I'm posting before I read all 5+ pages....but my opinion is Criss is in NO position to challenge someone who may be a fake or a phoney.

What!?! Are you a "paranormalist?" Anyway on a different not-as-controversial note, I saw a performance with loops, IT and Superman Coin Bend that caught my interest. Should I go to E and... nevermind. Why am I asking that? Wait a minuite- I'm in control here!

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
What!?! Are you a "paranormalist?" Anyway on a different not-as-controversial note, I saw a performance with loops, IT and Superman Coin Bend that caught my interest. Should I go to E and... nevermind. Why am I asking that? Wait a minuite- I'm in control here!

I actually thought it was pretty cool to see the 1800 deck on live television. Then again, that one guy definatly did the same sunglasses effect that Justin Miller did on the preview for the LOOPS DVD's.

Shane K.

I'm kind of on the fence on this subject.

First of all, I do think it was uncalled for when Criss called Jim out. But on the other hand, I am one of the biggest skeptics you will ever meet, and I found Jim's performance to be a little too far-fetched.

I have the fullest respect for Criss and Jim both, but they both crossed the line. Jim's performance was OVER, and did not have anything else to prove, so Criss went a little too far.

This is why I think Criss was the wrong second judge to choose for the show. Criss is an amazing performer, but we all know he has a HUGE ego problem. If he sees somebody who has the potential to steal the spotlight from him, he'll put them on the spot.

Like I said I don't know who's side to take on this one.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm kind of on the fence on this subject.

First of all, I do think it was uncalled for when Criss called Jim out. But on the other hand, I am one of the biggest skeptics you will ever meet, and I found Jim's performance to be a little too far-fetched.

I have the fullest respect for Criss and Jim both, but they both crossed the line. Jim's performance was OVER, and did not have anything else to prove, so Criss went a little too far.

This is why I think Criss was the wrong second judge to choose for the show. Criss is an amazing performer, but we all know he has a HUGE ego problem. If he sees somebody who has the potential to steal the spotlight from him, he'll put them on the spot.

Like I said I don't know who's side to take on this one.

I think criss makes a good judge. Thats all he is really good at. Uri loves everyone. I swear the guy can't say anything bad about anyone really. They both did go over the line but remember criss hates that stuff, he is makeing a show called sucker where he does cold read and such, and then he says its fake afterwards. Chris does have a huge ego problem, personally criss and uri should not have anything to do with the show. I think, but criss did have a point in what he did.

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
I wonder if James Randi had anything to do with this. He had Johnny Carson call out Uri Geller on the Tonight Show back in the day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7jHYriFo) and he also called out James Hydrick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc). For those who know their history and/or have done their research, you know that Uri Geller claimed to have supernatural powers and he claimed to be the real thing. Uri Geller and James Randi also have a rivalry that has been going on for the longest time. James Randi also has his $1 million challenge to anyone who can prove that they have supernatural powers. Criss Angel offered $1 million to Uri and Jim if either one can read what he had in his envelope without opening it. Coincidence?

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I actually thought it was pretty cool to see the 1800 deck on live television. Then again, that one guy definatly did the same sunglasses effect that Justin Miller did on the preview for the LOOPS DVD's.

Shane K.

Definitely. I saw a lot of tricks in the first half-hour that were readily available at E.... Makes me want to buy something!

Oct 24, 2007
I've actually had very little respect for Criss just because of mindfreak and other reasons I don't want to discuss at lenth right now but I just gained a lot of respect for him last night. He warned all the contestants that if they claimed they had powers he'd do something about it and he did. Jim's act was extremely comical and i laughed with i saw him perform, and i died when i saw what criss did. No one with any common sense saw through his "powers" and criss nailed him for it. If he had powers he wouldve taken his million and left the show. The people lieing and claiming powers are the ones ruining magic, not the sensible people that test them.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
My problem with it was that the day prior, on the season finale of MindFreak, Criss Angel "connected" with the dead. I failed to understand his logic: Jim Callahan is a faking his performance, but Criss Angel can connect with the other side. Why can't they both?

Furthermore, I didn't understand why he needed to embarrass -- or at least attempt to -- Jim Callahan. Not only that, but he also basically challenged him to a metaphorical fight by standing up from his seat and cursing at him on live TV. I thought it was unnecessary -- Callahan's career is basically being shown to the world on national television, and, in my opinion, to take shots at his livelihood and his passion seemed disrespectful and unfathomable.

Moreover, I thought that it was hypocritical, and unprofessional. If he's going to challenge Callahan, then he should have challenged every performer. Further, he has the audacity to plug Season Four of MindFreak on A&E, after the incident, and then continues to unduly criticize it. I liked him last week as a judge. Now, I'm rooting for Mr. Geller. :)

Maybe it's just me...

Cheers,
JTM

I think that you and I have a psychic connection.
Because we think alike. On many subjects.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
did anyone else catch that glare when he did the glasses trick

I thought I saw that too. Doesn't he know to perform in his own shadow lol.

I've actually had very little respect for Criss just because of mindfreak and other reasons I don't want to discuss at lenth right now but I just gained a lot of respect for him last night. He warned all the contestants that if they claimed they had powers he'd do something about it and he did. Jim's act was extremely comical and i laughed with i saw him perform, and i died when i saw what criss did. No one with any common sense saw through his "powers" and criss nailed him for it. If he had powers he wouldve taken his million and left the show. The people lieing and claiming powers are the ones ruining magic, not the sensible people that test them.

Criss already ruined him when he called Jim out. If I was Jim, I would have realized that the trick was already ruined, so I would just have guessed what was in the envelope. Personally as soon as he pulled out the envelope, I thought his Cross was in it, you know the one that says Believe and I think his father's initials are on it. Just my thoughts. I would definitely have taken a crack at 1 million dollars.

C

clarrus

I think Criss was wrong to start on him like that on Live TV. If he didn't like it just say so and move on. Also he should know better (as a magician) to contol another magician's (in this case a mentalist) performance. That was a REAL LOW BLOW. That's like a heckler coming to us and telling us to do "witness" and naming all the situation in which we are to do it. Criss was wrong regardless of how poor the show was.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
DAMN! After watching last night WOW! Super using 1800s. Man whaen I saw those....WOW. The show changed me some how. How many of you saw the "loop" you know what I'm talking about.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results