Idea for a magic style game

Apr 1, 2011
England
This is purely an idea and i have no intention of making it particularly as, if truth be told i don't think i could. But the idea is that you play as a magician choosing where to perform, who to perform for and during the performances you choose the tricks and choose whether to do a pass or a double undercut. You could also progress and get better learning better moves and tricks and also earning more money. I realise that it would be better to actually do this in real life but i thought it might be an interesting idea and wanted to share it. It may also help magicians with their judgements and help them learn how to build a career if it was made accuratley enough.
Thank you for reading and i hope you have enjoyed the post, Ed.

(If you think this is a stupid idea feel free to say so because this is from a 13 year old's mind so i know it could be ridiculous and i just don't realize it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
lol just to clarify this for future readers, cuz i myself took a few reads to actually get it ... He is talking about a video game,a role playing game if you will and as you "level up", you unlock new sleights ....

Well i don't think many people, besides magicians obviously, would be interested in these types of games ... Plus, this idea .... should it manifest itself, would kill magic ...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
No there would be next to no market for the game only magicians would by it and only a very small % of them at that. Nobody would spend the time to develop the product with such a small client base to begin with.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
lol just to clarify this for future readers, cuz i myself took a few reads to actually get it ... He is talking about a video game,a role playing game if you will and as you "level up", you unlock new sleights ....

Well i don't think many people, besides magicians obviously, would be interested in these types of games ... Plus, this idea .... should it manifest itself, would kill magic ...

haha thanks :) I was pretty confused on the concept.

Anyways, I don't think it would be a good idea for that kind of game to be released to the public. Sleights and moves in magic are meant to be secret and stay secret

If this game was developed with some kind of tutorial video feed that actually taught the moves, and included lesson plans structured to the different areas to learn from then it may be useful as a learning device for young magicians, teaching theory, business, showmanship, and technical moves. But I agree with Slicke I think if introduced to the general public this game would cause a great deal of exposure. Not good...

I don't think it is stupid, but I'm 12 and I know that that the word realise is spelled realize.

Not in the UK (where the poster is from) it isn't, It's one of the thing about 'autocorrect' that always annoys me, it's always chaning words like 'organise' 'realise' and 'Colour' to the American spellings.

Anyway... I'm off to Disney Land.... and I'm not even kidding...

Rev

Jun 10, 2010
I don't think it is stupid, but I'm 12 and I know that that the word realise is spelled realize.

I don't think it's stupid either, but I'm 14 and I know for a fact you're only partially right. His profile says his location is England. In England, the word realize is spelled realise. In fact, it's really only spelled realize in the US.

@OP, you can change it back if you wish. You were correct in your spelling, given your circumstances.

EDIT: Fail. I didn't realize that others had pointed this out already, my bad.

@OP again, I think it's got potential, but I don't think much of it at the moment. Possibly because I can't really imagine it at the moment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results