I'm in a Strange Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it the effect where you put the ballon in a tube and then put a pencil in it?
I yes, I think that this trick could be given away, because it's not really impresing (that's my opinion), but hey it's your mom, tell her the secret.
I don't think that you would perfrom this trick, would you?

May 31, 2008
It's not really about whether or not you feel you were in the wrong...it's about how the other person feels (I say "other person", because this applies in other situations, as well--especially relationships).

I was going to type up a whole bunch of stuff (I just deleted about two paragraphs of it, because I don't want to waste my time), but I'll just skip that and say this: If you apologize, you'll likely give a good impression to your mom; she'll likely be proud that you're putting her feelings over yours (especially given all that she does for you--you even said she cooks most of your meals for you, at least lately...why not say "thanks" through actions and consideration for her?).

You don't have to, not at all. It's up to you how you treat your mom. :)
\

She just got home a few hours ago. I told her that I will make dinner for a few days and then tell her how it was done. She seemed happy.

Two things are wrong with that statement.

First, she didn't specify he was also making HER food, just his.

Secondly, who the HELL in their right mind suggests for someone to be a smart ass to their parent?

-ThrallMind

I have to make dinner for the whole family. That's three people, me, my mom, and my grandpa.

Yes, it is not a good idea to be a wise ass.

was it the effect where you put the ballon in a tube and then put a pencil in it?
I yes, I think that this trick could be given away, because it's not really impresing (that's my opinion), but hey it's your mom, tell her the secret.
I don't think that you would perfrom this trick, would you?

No, I don't perform this trick. Some magicians though.

One word..... "lie" about the effect and how it's done.

That's a very bad idea.

wtf thats your mom you might as well tell her bcuz if you recorded it shes just gonna see it anyway

I already deleted it from the DVR.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Lol, i think you should make yourself dinner AND tell her the secret. Dude, she gave birth to you and raised you. You may not really appreciate it though.

Right now i have a 3 year old little sister and believe me, she's a pain the the @55. You don't know how many times i've had to stay up until like 12 cuz she was crying so badly. And for my parents, it's ten times worse cuz they have to balance their jobs and raising us at the same time.

So the least you can do is cut her some slack and tell her the secret. You should also make the dinner cuz it's the right thing to do,

May 31, 2008
So the least you can do is cut her some slack and tell her the secret. You should also make the dinner cuz it's the right thing to do,

If you would read my previous posts, you would see that that is what I'm planning to do. I'm going to make my family dinner until Wednesday and then tell her the secret. C'mon guys I've said that about five times now.

Edit: I just got a great idea. On Wednesday night I will do a short magic dinner show while my family eats the food I prepared for them. I will open with the balloon trick and reveal the secret.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
that's a great decision. i think everyone will be happy after wednesday night dinner! magic and dinner is a great combination, wait... magic with almost anything is a great combination!

Two things are wrong with that statement.

First, she didn't specify he was also making HER food, just his.

Secondly, who the HELL in their right mind suggests for someone to be a smart ass to their parent?

-ThrallMind

Is this a retorical question? Because I'm fairly sure I just sugested that.

I'm not sure what kind of relationship you have with your folks but frankly I think my own mom would probably laugh if I were to say the samething to her. I guess it just depends on your relationship, obviously if your parents are the kind that beats you for having a personality this may not work out so well for you.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Why have we devoted 3 pages to something that shouldn't even be a concern to any of us. Plus it sounds like you resolved the situation straight away. If you have to ask this on a forum, how are you going to live your life? Bizarre.

May 31, 2008
Why have we devoted 3 pages to something that shouldn't even be a concern to any of us. Plus it sounds like you resolved the situation straight away. If you have to ask this on a forum, how are you going to live your life? Bizarre.

That's right. No need to post in this thread anymore. I resolved my issue after a couple of helpful responses.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I see people are avoiding my response completely. I thought it was good advice.

Me too. It's clearly the most efficient way.

:p

No seriously. This has 'apparently' been resolved. Lets just let it die.

Jan 13, 2008
I thought so, as well. If he's going to ignore her wishes and make her wait it out, he may as well throw in a smack and get her to cook, too. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like the hypocrisy of the whole situation...claiming to be against exposure, yet supporting an exposure show by watching it (every person counts, right?)...then refusing to reveal a trick to his mom that he learned from an exposure show himself...and performing the trick after learning it from the exposure show.

Talk about a noble guy...o_O

Honestly, this is one of my favourite barely-magic help threads on these forums. :p

Dec 30, 2008

Why was she talking to him in the first place? Shouldn't she be in the laundry room or having babies anyway? (I just want to apologize now :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results