Impromptu Card Effects

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
this might sound like an broken record but i really need the help
i´ve been in card magic for a year and i found that if someone hands me a deck of cards all i can do its a color change and a mind reading effect (stigmata)... not because i dont practice but because i have other effects that doesnt involve cards. Long story short i need something that doesnt require destroying cards(which i dont like) and if it uses signatures it got to be awesome :D
Im merely looking for something that i can repeat over and over on a walk-around set. So please let me know about any kind of effect i WILL check them out.
THX

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
-ACR
-Biddle trick
-Queen to aces (2card monte)
-jumping gemini
-Ace Assembly
- hitman

I use alot of tricks the use duplicate cards rather than passing or double undercutting so if I perfomed this are problably the tricks I could do with a borrowed deck of cards :) sorry if I wasn't that helpful ... good luck!

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
the search bar is a great trick. you should check it out. but if you really want an answer subway by dan and dave, select a card sign it "lose it" in the deck use any production. the world fastest reverse. anything from the paper engine.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
blueprint is great, I get awesome reactions with that.
Any impromptu triumph routine, like the one from Daniel Madison's Collateral, usually hits good.
ACR for sure.
Bad influence, roleplay, both from dangerous.
Two card Monte is a killer opener. It catches people off gaurd and gets them in the mood for magic.

Hope that helps =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Hi,

I've been performing magic for a living for about 8 years now and I over that time I have used many impromptu card effects, but here are a list of my favorites that I still use. Some are new, some are classics, but have rarely been seen by laymen.

Impromptu Card Effects:

1.) The Biddle Trick(1-on-1 w/ Jonathan Bayme)
2.) Ambitious Card Routine(ACR)
3.) Heat-2 card selection(Many places to find this, Crash Course 1 from E)
4.) Sloppy Shuffle Triumph(1-on-1 w/ Chris Kenner)
5.) Clutch by Oz Pearlman
6.) Believe by Joel Paschall
7.) Lottery by Jay Sankey(This can be found on the Hemisphere DVD)
8.) Route 66 by Alvo Stockman(Available at Penguin)
9.) In Your Hands(Many versions, theres a good one on Crash Course 1 from E)
10.) Indecent by Wayne Houchin(technically impromptu, just need a ziploc bag)
11.) Card to Shoe - Penguin has a good version, i prefer the Impromptu Version
12.) Secrets by Jay Sankey(This can also be found on the Hemisphere DVD)
13.) You do as I do- (Penguin has a version coming out in S.W.C.T. by Noblez.)
14.) 2 Card Monte(as suggested before)
15.) Schwing by Chris Kenner(Impromptu Rising Card)
16.) The Sweetest Sound by Scott Cram(Available at Penguin)
17.) Dr. Daley's Last Trick(Found on Penguin.com)
18.) Invisible Palm by Paul Harris
19.) Half Vanish by Daniel Madison
20.) Bad Influence Var. by Daniel Madison

Theres my top 20, hope it helps.

Zack

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Oh man. I ...I hear him...I can see...him.

He's coming closer.

edit your post...while you...can.

...is moving closer by....the second.
:eek:

Some say he eats worms for breakfast. Some say his bellybutton is shaped like a spade.

...All we know is...

He's called Praetoritevong!

Tam tam TANN!

Gustav

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Haha, funnily enough, I am eating breakfast at the moment. I hope I'm not eating worms.

Anyway, this isn't so bad, so I'll dispense with my usual post - asking for any type of effect rather than "bestest most visual card trix evr plxxx" is the right thing to do.

To be honest dude... Your parameters are so wide, that must be a huge area of the entire magical lexicon, there's really so so much, and I don't know where to begin. Probably your best bet though is to get a book of some description. I don't know your exact skill level, but stuff like Card College even, some more popular choices include AoA and TOoC, or moving on to other stuff like Brass Knuckles, Card Control (by both authors), Close Up Card Magic, etc., many of these great books will have lots of what you'll need, different types of magic from different artists. In essence - find a good book, you'll get what you need.

I have found a growing dislike card magic for one reason. You can only do 2 plots with cards.

Either a card is chosen and found. or You do some demonstration of card control or story telling.

ALL card tricks fall into one of those two catagories.

But if you intend to learn card magic (and you should) then I would recomend the following.

1) Ambitious Card
2) Biddle
3) Four Ace Location
4) Triumph
5) Twisting the Aces
6) X (where x is the number of cards used) Card Monte
7) A Prediction of a Selected Card
8) Linking Cards (linking rings but with cards)
9) Card to ___ (Location) Most do wallet or shoe... I prefer bra.
10) Loops with Cards
11) Stan, Kate, and Edith
12) Sam the Bellhop
13) Poker Cheat Demonstration

Also, use standard red or blue bikes for your cards. Avoid the fancy decks. Most spectators are instantly suspicious of the fancier decks for some reason. Or so I've found.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I have found a growing dislike card magic for one reason. You can only do 2 plots with cards.

Either a card is chosen and found. or You do some demonstration of card control or story telling.

ALL card tricks fall into one of those two catagories.

But if you intend to learn card magic (and you should) then I would recomend the following.

1) Ambitious Card
2) Biddle
3) Four Ace Location
4) Triumph
5) Twisting the Aces
6) X (where x is the number of cards used) Card Monte
7) A Prediction of a Selected Card
8) Linking Cards (linking rings but with cards)
9) Card to ___ (Location) Most do wallet or shoe... I prefer bra.
10) Loops with Cards
11) Stan, Kate, and Edith
12) Sam the Bellhop
13) Poker Cheat Demonstration

Also, use standard red or blue bikes for your cards. Avoid the fancy decks. Most spectators are instantly suspicious of the fancier decks for some reason. Or so I've found.

and isn't it the same with other things???

"look! I can vanish a card and appear it here!" cards

"look! I can vanish a coin and I appear it in your hand! money

"Look! I kind read your mind" ou know what I mean

So, of course I hate those kind of presentations, but hey! is almost the same with all other categories of tricks, I think that the responsability of those plots you say, are ours, but well, I kinda agree with you...

well said:D

Feb 12, 2008
I think Praetoritevong's real name is......
...........................................Chuck Norris!

And honestly one of my favorite impromptu card tricks ever is "Simply Divine" from Jay Sankey's "22 Blows to the Head". (Which honestly is an INCREDIBLE value - LOTS of hardhitting, simple-to-perform effects)

It's a very simple principle, uses very basic sleights and trips people out like CRAZY.

Aug 24, 2008
There >
You "only" know Stigmata?! That is an awesome trick! :)

Anyways, some great impromtu tricks I use include: ACR, Stigmata, Two Card Monte, Ultimate Transpo... I usually don't need anything else to get my quick presentations going.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I think Praetoritevong's real name is......
...........................................Chuck Norris!

And honestly one of my favorite impromptu card tricks ever is "Simply Divine" from Jay Sankey's "22 Blows to the Head". (Which honestly is an INCREDIBLE value - LOTS of hardhitting, simple-to-perform effects)

It's a very simple principle, uses very basic sleights and trips people out like CRAZY.

Damn it, Brakiss!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results