In Front Of Camera Magicians

I allways perform in front of audiences! check out my channel!!!

http://www.metacafe.com/f/channels/mikeoo92

guys seriously! just get out there!! Look at my vids! I dont know any of those people!!!
Heck sometimes when I perform at sonic, thay have me go back and show the staff magic! and I get free java chillers!

I have a year movie pass for showing the staff magic at a movie theater!!!

just get out there!

introduce yourself to people! act famus!

Sep 1, 2007
Good point but this thread is about street magic rather than friend and family magic...
or I might have lost track a little bit?

I'm just saying that if you need someone convenient to record a performance so that you can look over it and critique yourself...

I have made the comment about the "hands in front of my crotch" videos for years, it's always been the same since people started filming in front of webcams.

I will chime in to say that I saw a battle recently with a video I had to stop watching. The performer was filming in a hands-in-front-of-crotch style but with basketball shorts on. Let's just say that little was left to the imagination when the hands weren't mercifully blocking my view. I made it about 15 seconds and stopped.

At least move your hands to chest level. It'll prepare you for audiences sitting more than 5-10 feet from you and will prevent your videos from looking like an adult-partner enticement vid.

Pj

Last edited by a moderator:
I will chime in to say that I saw a battle recently with a video I had to stop watching. The performer was filming in a hands-in-front-of-crotch style but with basketball shorts on. Let's just say that little was left to the imagination when the hands weren't mercifully blocking my view. I made it about 15 seconds and stopped.

At least move your hands to chest level. It'll prepare you for audiences sitting more than 5-10 feet from you and will prevent your videos from looking like an adult-partner enticement vid.

Pj

Ha Ha Ha
Thats Horrible =p

Pot calling the kettle black...

Why don't YOU go out and put your money where you mouth is :). Some people are just shy, and it's hard for them to go out and perform to strangers. Especially the younger guys around here. I remember it was incredibly hard for me at first when I first started.

We eventually get over it! :)

Mitch

Why don't YOU go out and put your money where you mouth is :). Some people are just shy, and it's hard for them to go out and perform to strangers. Especially the younger guys around here. I remember it was incredibly hard for me at first when I first started.

Mitch

hes right it is hard to ask randomly people. but the first time I did it, I was like sweet!
and I couldent stop! its like crack! lol

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado

Mitch

Well said, Mitchell.

TDA

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Some people are just shy, and it's hard for them to go out and perform to strangers. Especially the younger guys around here. I remember it was incredibly hard for me at first when I first started.

Mitch

Another good point, however I couldn't do it until I did it if you know what I mean. If you just go out and say 'I'm not coming home until I've performed for 5 people,' you will get the ability to do it quite quickly. I still don't feel entirely comfortable doing it but I'm getting better.

May 19, 2008
manchester
well if your shy why not do this...

(its fun)

1. get a group of freinds (3 or 4)
2. busk somewhere were theres not many people, but still some people
3. at the end of the group dance/sing/beetbox whatever your doing ask if they wanna see a magic trick
4. do a simple magic trick thats real good (I do here then there)
5. be happy
6. eat food and be happy
7. drink a drink and be happy

the end

ive done it and its awsome, I dont film it because I think itd be a bit awkward sometimes and stuff ya know whatever

try it! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results