Instant Reset Effects for Strolling / Table Hopping

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I am primarily known for my strolling gigs and table hopping and am looking to add one more strong effect for these types of gigs. Primarily something that is not cards as I use enough card effects.

Right now I currently use the following:
Biddle, Sloppy Triumph, Stigmata, and one or two others.
As far as Rubber bands I do CMH and Alan Wong's Stargazer.
I use Free Will and Color Psychic chips as a sort of mentalism.
I normally open with Warning by Kostya and as far as money effects I use Extreme Burn or Mismade Dollar.

What else is out there that some of you guys use for strolling that requires absolutely no reset as you are headed to the next table? I'm looking for something that doesn't fit any similarities as what I do. Example: When I found Warning that was outstanding because I didn't have any fire or lighter tricks in my arsenal.

I for some reason hate sponge balls, rope, and d'lites so please don't say any of those...ha ha.

Does anyone know much abotu Liquify? Is that something that could be done from table to table without much set up? Obviously with Watermark I would be carrying a ton of napkins (prepped) in my pocket. Not sure if I want to do that.

fork bending is always good. its another mentalisms.
or get a swami
coin magic is neat, maybe a karate coin might work for you, being a bodybuilding teacher or

if you need more fire, you can try warning or something similar.
Loops are killer, and you can do more than just mentalism or pk magic.
Cobra 2.0 ha. u were looking at that.
Wilson has pointless which is a nice routine, using a popular older gimmick, you might be interested in that.

i know u dont want card tricks, but identity by richard sanders is almost instant rest, maybe 3 seconds to reset and its right infront of the spectators. Never fails to impress! highly recommended. one of my closers for my sets/resturaunt/strolling

your biggest lost of strolling magic is sponge balls. just fyi, and guy the David Stone's the Secrets of magic, he has really good effect in there but he mainly focus on cards and coins. Last, I suggest you use loop.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have never used loops because when I have bought invisible thread in the past on spools once the end snaps I have lost it and have had difficult times trying to find it on the spool again. That was about 5 years ago. I tried putting wax on the ends, tape, ugh....it was always just a process.

Is it better / more practical for me to buy a certain type of thread and tie my own and load both wrists with a few?

What is the best invisible thread for my money....? Most invisible without me prepping it? What does JM and other guys use?

Thanks Chris, I picked up Cobra Sharpie 2.0 and am waiting for it in the mail. I hope to implement that somehow in my strolling as well. Karate Coin is not my style. I'm very picky about my effects. I either love them and use or I buy them, hate them and get rid of them.

Shin, I know...I just wish I could get into sponge balls but I've tried twice and I just don't like them...ha ha.

Thanks guys.

i make my own karate coins, they look much nicer.
and sponge balls are killer.
get a differnt color of sponge balls

loops. you can get mesika loops
infinity thread is what JM uses but you get soo much thread, so maybe just get the mesika thread.
i love loops, but i havnt gotten any lately. just because im poor and lazy

Loops are stellar. I wear them everyday and they are a staple in my repertoire. The effects are so versatile: you can perform PK Touches, animations, levitations, etc. I find they produce some real reputation-making effects and they are always ready to go. I recommend you make the investment and either (a) buy a full BOX of loops wholesale, or (b) learn to make your own loops with a supply of invisible elastic thread. Once you grow comfortable with handling them, you'll see they'll work wonders for you.

On the same note, I've been playing with Mesika's Tarantula, and although it's admittedly slightly tricky to get accustomed to, I think it's a great alternative to some of the more traditional thread reels currently on the market.

Dan Hauss has some awesome gum effects on the market. Rewrapped and Gum Through Wrapper are pretty sweet bonuses on the Sleeping Queen DVD that I personally use pretty regularly. They're such casual, organic effects that make for awesome ice breakers at strolling or table-hopping gigs.

Look into some of these effects as well. They're all easily/instantly resettable and ideal for real-world (working) environments:

- Linking Finger Rings (Himber Ring)
- Linking Lifesavers
- Silver Dream (Justin Miller)
- CoinOne and CoinTwo (Homer Liwag)
- Void (Daniel Garcia)
- Cramped (Richard Sanders)
- Basic Watch Steal (Chappy Brazil)
- LipSmacker (Paul Harris)

There is so, so much magic available to meet the standards you're looking for. I can literally run two pages of effects off the top of my head. If you want to talk shop, feel free to get at me privately. I hope these suggestions help.

RS.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I recommend 'Northbound' by Sean Fields... it's an 'impromptu' ring flight.

Nov 9, 2009
As far as money magic goes, I've had great reactions from 5 and 1 transpo. I highly recommend it, it's very easy to do and initially starts as a mentalism effect, but ends up as a transportation effect. There is hardly a reset; it's as easy as unfolding a dollar bill.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results