Is Fallen worth it?

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I tried the search but didn't find anything.....
Anyway, is Danny Garcia's Fallen worth it? I've seen some people praise it and say how good it is, I've seen some people hating it.
What are the angles like?
What sort of reactions have you got?

PS. I think I heard somewhere that it wrecks the deck or something. Is this true?

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fallen overall is not a bad effect. In my opinion, the trick itself is not worth the $15. But it is on a DVD(I do not own it) and it does include other things(I'm assuming) so that's the only reason why I find it alright for $15.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
PS. I think I heard somewhere that it wrecks the deck or something. Is this true?

No.

I've used it on numerous occasions and received pathetic reactions. I don't like the angles on this either, I feel too restricted. That's why I never use it anymore.

But if you're willing to work with the angles - the effect itself is spectacular. I mean, you've seen the trailer. The cards melt away.

It's your choice man.

-Sam H

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Fallen is an interesting effect, it is an effect that you really need to pick your spots with it. If you have drawn one or two people in with an ACR then it can really quiet everyone but other than that it is too hard to manage because of the angles and things like that.

Jul 29, 2008
Im on the fence with fallen i mean it is a desecnt effect but its just not that belivable if you have a brand new deck of cards then the effect is great(on the right angle) and i have recived massive reactions but if you do it wrong u get the wtf r u doing response

Jun 27, 2008
I think, that if you are interested in a card-rising-to-the-top effect, then Chris Kenners "Shifty" is really good. It is probably just as visual as fallen, when done properly, and the angles are much better - your are covered like 60% around..

Just my opinion :)

SimSiggaard

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Those people who are crapping on this effect because of the angles need to learn how to work thier spectators better. I like this effect alot and have gotten fantastic reactions from it. There are some angle issues but they are not that bad at all. Actually the best angle for the people to watch from is the angle they want to be at anyway. You have to pick and chose when you perform it but I think it's worth the buy. Don't give up on an effect just because it is angle sensitive.

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2755

Well first of all, people are saying this is an effect on it's own. Despite the fact it is marketed like that and everyone is saying it's an effect on it's own... it's not... an an ending to an ACR. It is also a FANTASTIC ending because of how insanely visual it is. I will say that even though I own it... I have not performed it... Why? Simply because I don't have a full ACR yet. When I do have one though, I'll be performing this first thing.

Angles do take some work, but with some work, you can widen the angles on your own. Sure, you cannot do this surrounded, but when doing this for maybe 3 people.... it's amazing. You might even be able to do it for more people with good audience management.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
isnt worth it
i usually get the "am i supposed to see that" responce..

horrible effect

Horrible Performance and Spectator Management.

This is not a horrible effect at all, you're making a card visually rise (or fall) through the deck whilst it's outjogged! That is a beautiful effect.

What you probably mean to say is "Horribly method because I got caught doing it once and therefore that makes it horrible for the rest of time everlasting.".

I own this, I've performed this, how many times? Once. Why? Because it's a "horrible effect"? No. More because I don't want to use it other than those times I think the spectator is going to appreciate it and be manageable enough to not scrutinize and look for a method. The one time I did perform this, I did it one-on-one with a friend of mine, I showed her an ambitious card routine and was taking things really slowly and quietly; then I offered to show her how I did it and used 'Fallen' as an open explanation. She saw the card rise and literally stared at the card and with awe in her voice said "...Woooww...". And you call that a horrible effect?

I don't mean to single you out Phen (You fellow Brit, you) but it's posts like that, that really tick me off. Not only that but I see a heck of a lot of negativity from you and it saddens me :( We're supposed to be cheery Brit's! :D

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

isnt worth it
i usually get the "am i supposed to see that" responce..

horrible effect

As Sean said... that just means you haven't practiced enough. This is more than performable.

buy shifty by CK from the 1 on 1
Shifty > fallen

Despite the fact that I don't know the method for Shifty.... I can tell you that in my personal opinion... you are wrong. Shifty is GREAT. Don't get me wrong. Doing an ACR, then Shifty, then Fallen... That would be an AMAZING routine. However, Fallen is LOADS more visual. Please don't think about what method you like better. Think about what the spectator will find more visually appealing. With Fallen... that card MELTS through the cards.

-Doug

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Good effect, horrible method.

My mom figured out the method just by watching the video, and she doesn't know anything about magic.

Sep 1, 2007
For all those saying that Fallen has horrible angles, you either don't own the disc, or you're too lazy to work on the effect.

Danny definitely covers the angles well on the DVD. You're covered for AT LEAST 45 degrees to each your left and your right.

And saying Shifty is better than Fallen, well, Shifty probably has better angles, but in terms of which being more visual, Fallen wins definitely. In Shifty, you need a bit of a shake to cover up, but in Fallen, the deck is held still and you see the card MELT through.

Just my opinion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results