Is Thread Dangerous?

CalvinTan

Elite Member
The only thing I can think of (If you did follow the safety precautions) is that you may have cut your eyelid a little while pulling the thread out of your eye. This will lead to infection later if you keep touching your eye with dirty hands.

I have concluded that I cannot do the geek method after multiple tries. It just irritates my eye too much and just not worth it.

The Geek method IS THE WAY TO GO with this effect. Why would you do it any other way?

I've performed this many, many times. Sometimes 3-4 times a day. Of course you have to get used to it, and I believe that the effect is WAY too good to pass up just because it takes a little time to get comfortable with.

If you can't show the thread being pulled from the eye, what is the point of doing the effect?

If you're not comfortable with it, then don't perform it. I've done worse to my body than this :p

I've gotten just as good reactions doing it with the gimmick as Wayne did on the DVD w/o the gimmick. Honestly it's a personal preference. Like I said I got it as a gift, so it wasn't like I purchased this and was SURPRISED that it actually went in my eye lol

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Of course you have to get used to it, and I believe that the effect is WAY too good to pass up just because it takes a little time to get comfortable with.

I think that my vision is too good to pass up just because I want to do a magic trick...

Am I the only one who think that this thread (stupid pun) is as close to exposure as it gets? You guys said where the thread is placed, and even what material and liquid is used...

To get back on topic, it definitely has to be a cut in your eye/eye lid, probably because of the thread. It also depends what did you use to sterilize the thread, and how long did you wait after that before you put it in the eye (yes, it can be too soon). I don't think that it will give you an infection, but it's worth mentioning.

Like most of the other guys said, either do the sleight method, or just give up on the whole effect. Your eyes and vision are much more important than the audience reaction.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
To get back on topic, it definitely has to be a cut in your eye/eye lid, probably because of the thread. It also depends what did you use to sterilize the thread, and how long did you wait after that before you put it in the eye (yes, it can be too soon). I don't think that it will give you an infection, but it's worth mentioning.

Again, I've had ZERO problems doing the geek method.

If you do it as it is SUPPOSED TO BE DONE, with the right materials and preperation there is nothing to be afraid of. No cuts, no infections, nothing.

I doubt you get the same or better reactions with the non-geek method, as you cannot be as free with the thread and actually show it coming out of your eye.

I do this effect so much, and everyone goes CRAZY. For those of you who don't want to do it, that's fine, but don't blame it on safety issues as there is nothing serious that can happen to your eyesight with the right instruction. Don't try and scare everyone else away from this effect.

I doubt you get the same or better reactions with the non-geek method, as you cannot be as free with the thread and actually show it coming out of your eye.

Did this tonight at a Halloween party and got some GREAT reactions... I'm not knocking the Geek method at all... I agree it looks AMAZING but as I don't like things going in my eyes (the reason I wear glasses and not contacts) I prefer the sleight version. Also with a little finicking you can get it to look like its in your eye and have a hand free. I got some video (though its uber dark so it might show up) but I'll try and post it just so you can see the reactions.

Again major props who does it the way Wayne typically does it, just like I said... its not for me

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results