It's buddy time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LeeAsher, May 2, 2008.

1. You're cool and everything, Lee, but I'm saving my first buddy-position for Aaron Fisher.

2. I've talked with Lee a few weeks ago via emails after I've bought a pdf on his website. He's an inspiration. I'm a beginner in magic but I felt like a long-time friend with him.

3. "Yeah me and Lee are friends, we go way...... back. I remember it like it was three minutes ago. Oh wait it was!" :p

4. I got an idea. How about, in addition to "Buddies", we have "Nemesis". You can add those people that you constantly get into flame wars with.

5. I think people would prefer being friendly that would mainly just encourage them to be more hateful towards their "nemesis."

6. Hey! I want to be friends with everyone too!

However, I don't think starting a trend with "Add Me" threads is necessary. So I have decided to ride the coat tails of my buddy Lee and tell you guys that I have some killer ideas for this buddy thing as well.

Just so you know.

Love,

Katie

http://forums.theory11.com/member.php?u=336

PS: Lee, thank you for being a friend!

7. Lee,

If you shave the goatee we are breaking up on the forums...

If you buy me a plate of Fois Gras you can be in my Five =)

--Jim

8. What does this friend feature do? It seems we just pop up in someone's profile and we can add comments kind of like Facebook. =P

-Doug

9. friends with lee and katie, i hope i am.

on a side note...what is lvmi? and where and when is ibm sam?

10. #30 LeeAsher, May 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2008
    The LVMI stands for the Las Vegas Magic Invitational.

Don't worry, you don't need an invite. And if so, BAM - I just invited you.

It's a summer convention held in Vegas every year. It's usually known for top talent, great jam sessions, and lots of magic. It's certainly worthy of your time!

http://www.lvmi.net
    (cut and paste if not clickable)

There's even going to be an Erdnase discussion this year. Very interesting!

As for the combined IBM SAM -- that's in the summer too. They expect over 2000 magicians from around the world. It might even rival FISM! It's July 21-26, 2008 in Louisville, Ky.

Here's a link for that convention:
    http://www.ibmsam2008.com/
    (cut and paste if not clickable)

Hope that helps.

Asher

11. sorry but JB's mine, LOL, ever since he said my name in that video... :rolleyes:

and when he made fun of wayne and said 'in waynes case, virginity...' :D

12. aww man...I would go...if i had the money.

13. someone's going to have the highest friend count....

14. hey check out my public profile.. and watch what lee said.. too lazy to copy/paste..

15. Very interesting...