Jamie Schoolcraft

Sep 24, 2007
I really love coin magic, and I was wondering about Jamie's coins. I have heard of their high quality, and was wondering about how durable they are. Can anybody help me? Also, walking liberty coins have a lot of designs on their face. If i order a non-soft walking liberty set, do they talk more than other non-soft coins?

Chicken

Also, if you don't know Jamie's site, it's http://www.coingaffs.com/

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
I really love coin magic, and I was wondering about Jamie's coins. I have heard of their high quality, and was wondering about how durable they are. Can anybody help me? Also, walking liberty coins have a lot of designs on their face. If i order a non-soft walking liberty set, do they talk more than other non-soft coins?

Chicken

Also, if you don't know Jamie's site, it's http://www.coingaffs.com/

Craftsmanship is unbelievable. I have a Dean's Set of Soft Morgans, a Dean's Flipper, a Soft Morgan 3CM, and a soft walking liberty shell set....and they are all AMAZING.

A friend actually came over unexpected and picked up my 3CM and was looking at it (as I was trying to think of a way to get it back....wasn't expecting that) and she never realized it was a "special" coin.

As far as the walking liberties, I don't think the non-soft ones talk anymore than any other non-soft coins, but I can tell you from experience, the soft ones are WELL worth it...VERY cool how quiet they are.
It's expensive, but it's worth every penny.

i wrote Jamie an email asking about the shell set he has up for sale (wanted to know if it was possible to get 6 coins instead of just 4 and how much that would be) but have not heard from him yet. i love the idea of soft coins but i just cant get past the detail on the non-soft coins ...and FYI im looking at the Walking Liberty set too :) .. i would like Morgan Dollars but then i have to re-adjust my palms to the different sized coin.

Sep 24, 2007
Wow! thanks for all the replies. Does anybody know the durability compared to other shells, such as a Johnson or a Tango?

Sep 1, 2007
You have to remember that he only machines coins, he doesn't make them. Silver (and even the 90/10 silver/copper blend coins use) is softer than the nickel copper clad blend that are used in modern coins (that's why you never see a soft eisenhower dollar, they don't wear easily). If you drop the coin or shell on concrete, they're going to get dinged up like anything else no matter who made it. Treat them like you would treat any other valuable investment and you'll be fine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results