Jason England Workshop!

Jul 2, 2008
Hey eveyrbody!~

I was one of the lucky few of a bout 14 or 15 people who was personally invited to a Jason England workshop in Toronto, at friend's house. Let me just tell you. I literally, LITERALLY, teared up when I saw him second deal. And bottom. And push-through shuffle with the smallest brief I've ever possibly seen. Or centre deal, which he did very briefly. He turned a card face up, and began second dealing; THE CARD NEVER MOVED. EVER.

Let me just say, Jason, you are one hell of a guy, I wish I could have driven you to the airport like you said, but I don't have my license yet. Hell of a nice guy, and if anybody from T11 is reading this and speaks to Jason, ask him about the "Jason England easy button." He'll know.

He taught me something valuable, that isn't a magical move. It's, never ask a professional, I mean JE pro, "how does this look?". Because if you ask a general question, he'll give a general answer (where the easy button came from!) He says: "If you say, how does this look, I'll say, it looks like ****."

Anyways, hope I meet him again, GREATEST 100$ I've ever spent.

Not really. I usually take a cautious step backwards anytime someone gets emotional over watching a card trick. If I was a mark, sure. I can understand a mark showing that level of emotion. But we're all suppose to be magicians on this forum, and to such a point I view all magicians as equals. You can respect someone's work without sounding like your the creepy stalker that is always in the front row of their audience.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Wait you teared up when he did a Second deal? Do you by chance happen to be one of the people who are in the L&L audiences?

Even has a magician I' say that tearing up over a 2nd deal or a card sleight is a bit silly.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There is the other African American who sits in David's chair on the mentalism DVD's called Frank (he was in Psi Series, Mind Mysteries and Nothing).

Just an observation

Jul 2, 2008
Ok, I didn't ACTUALLY tear up, but in spirit I did. I'm not a "fanboy", I hadn't really seen much of his stuff before this, only knowing he was a great card guy. And Draven, I'm assuming you've never seen him before, because you would quickly take that comment back. TRUST ME.

Like I said, seconds and bottoms like I've never seen before.

Sep 2, 2007
I saw JE's lecture a couple of weeks ago at CAM and when he does seconds for magicians, he doesn;t move the cards. it's insane.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Wait you teared up when he did a Second deal? Do you by chance happen to be one of the people who are in the L&L audiences?

Even has a magician I' say that tearing up over a 2nd deal or a card sleight is a bit silly.

Okay, THAT made me laugh out loud.

I too was invited to the England workshop, it was a great night, but unfortunately I had to leave early and I have a sinking feeling I missed the best stuff. Fortunately I was given his notes before I departed.

His second deal made my jaw drop, to be honest... I nearly spit C-Up all over the table. I look over (I'm to his direct right hand side), and see him dealing cards... I look closely, he's dealing seconds... cue dropping of jaw.

I remember glancing across the table at that very moment at Reuben... he was as shocked as I was, maybe moreso.

Ok, I didn't ACTUALLY tear up, but in spirit I did. I'm not a "fanboy", I hadn't really seen much of his stuff before this, only knowing he was a great card guy. And Draven, I'm assuming you've never seen him before, because you would quickly take that comment back.

No... No I wouldn't. I would have called you a fan boy to your face had I been there. I'm a professional. I'm not star struck by someone else's fame or freakishly fast hands. I've sat at tables with some of magics biggest stars, and celebrities and to effect the only thing to their work I made comment on was "Nice set, I liked your handling on X routine". anyone who would "litterly tear up" during a card demonstration sounds a bit fan-boyish to me. Did you also faint when he addressed you by name?

Now the word litterly means that you did exactly as you state. Now you attempt to back track and cover your own arse by saying that you didn't "actually" tear up, so which is it? Might I mention that you must have felt it a big point to have placed the word actually in all capital letters.

The only thing I have to work with here is what you give me, and what you gave me made you look a bit creepy in that guy that sits in the front row of your every performance kind of way.

I'm just saying.

D

Deleted member 2755

Jason England is so cool that he can bottom deal from the center of the deck.

Jason England doesn't second deal. He simply deals the top card and no one asks questions.

Jason England invented the center deal.

Jason England doesn't need false shuffles. False shuffles need Jason England.

-Doug
My failed attempt at humor.

Jul 2, 2008
Ok, whatever guys. It was an expression, and fanboy? I care....because? Come to me and second deal like him, then I'll give you the respect.

Anyways, if you ever get a chance to see him, do it.

And Mike, your message isn't even credible (that you agree with him) because half the time he was teaching, you sat dribbling your cards, and not even looking at him or paying attention. And you gave the EXACT same reaction as me, if not more passionate.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results