JUNE Edition: What are you working on?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
It's no secret that practice will take you places. Everyone is paving their way in the world of cardistry whether it's practicing an existing flourish or engineering a new one.

So what are you working on?

I'll start with this:

- 1 1/2 deck flip
- Backpack
- Knacky Hacky Sacky

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
That looks awesome to do! How long have you been practicing it?

And does it spin a maximum of 3 times or could you just go until you get tired?
I've been practicing for about 4 days. You can go until the fourth packet runs out of cards, which if practiced you could hypothetically have half the deck in that packet. It would be crazy hard but you could do 26 revolutions!

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
bryan try to use all the motion possible: it doesn't just make the flourish better, it also simplify the revolution of the card

i'm working on Pandora.. i've finally decided to learn it properly!

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
bryan try to use all the motion possible: it doesn't just make the flourish better, it also simplify the revolution of the card

i'm working on Pandora.. i've finally decided to learn it properly!
I'd try but having more packets in motion sometimes wiggles them free. I think practicing the bare-bones method without any fancy movement would be easier for me. Once I get better I can try adding on more packet movement.

Sep 9, 2014
I'm working on some Original stuff. But also some tough Tobias Levin crap. Like Seikan and the Wu-Tang Fan. I've been interesting in making a smooth flowing three packet cut for awhile and i've been getting ideas from multiple places.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
At the beginning of the month, I asked what cardistry goals you had in mind, if you had a plan for a project. Really it's more to put goals-to-forum and see where we end up. Did you meet your goals? Or did they change?

Here's mine:

- 1 1/2 Deck Flip

I got this move down. I want to see if there are other ways to performing a deck flip (if there are ways to not have your finger curl under the deck). But as for the move itself. I have it under my belt. As always, it could always use polish, but I have the mechanics and can do it 9 times out of 10. The plan was to make this move land on the back of my hand. This proved to be VERY time consuming and took a lot of time away from other flourishes I needed to work in for my project. More on that in a bit.

- Backpack

Got the tutorial and boy this move is a nutty one. Good an Andrei for making this. If you haven't seen it. It's under the 'Magic Tricks' section of this site. I was doing this move for half the month and stopped after my wife and I restructured the flourishes that I'll be doing for my cardistry project. Unfortunately, Backpack won't be used, namely because I don't think I'll be able to work the 1 1/2 deck flip into the back of my hand for a long while. And that was the only reason I was going to incorporate Backpack into it.

- Knacky Hacky Sacky

I didn't get into this at all. Unfortunately. I chose to focus my efforts into Flicker instead. Not sure if that was a smart move or not because I'm now 2 months into Flicker and it looks like I'm nowhere close to making it look nice or clean. I can tell you right now what's going to get works on in July...

So. How did the month of June work out for you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results