Just Witnessed Real Magic

Mar 22, 2008
Alright im at the local meeting of magicians here in Tampa its about 5 of us all teens. We show each other some new moves and stuff. This guy walks through the door with one my friends tom. Tom got like a surprised look on his face and the guy that walks in with him looks really weird like hairstyle and what not. where like tom whats up he just starts flipping out saying how this guy just levitated. We started laughing because tom is kind off new at magic so we were thinking he was fooled with the balducci. we ask the kid could you do it for us? he said certainly he walked to the middle of the room and i told everyone to circle him this dude is completely surrounded . and he says watch in his best David Blaine style we laugh then all of sudden that bastard rose like 8 inches we all flipped out were just staring at his feet we looked under nothing looked above looked at his legs he stayed up for like six seconds then slowly came down WTF!!!!!!! he even took off his shoes rolled up his pants ,we even patted him down. Total astonishment the whole room was shocked. nobody said a word for like two minutes just thinking in our mind how he did that.
he said hes been working on that levitation for about 4 years and from what i saw its perfect perfect perfect. He did not tip us in the method saying that he is soon to release it. his name is jason cook and he said he was working with different magic retailers to see the price and distribution. he said he wants it at around 500-600 Dollars for the dvd thats all he mentioned then we left.
It was so sick still cant believe what i saw

D

Deleted member 2755

Sounds pretty cool, but I wouldn't buy at that price.

-Doug

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I guess I misunderstood, but at first I was under the impression that he meant he wanted to sell the trick for $500-$600. But I went back and read it again... that's an awfully steep price. This better make a live performance look like camera tricks for that insane amount of money.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Wow, and this left magicians stumped? I would really, REALLY like to see a video clip of this.

Maybe it was that invisible spray paint stuff that Daniel Garcia uses. :p

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
ok

i created a levitation that looks similar, but would cost half of the price mine
is also surrounded and it rises about 3 inches or for also in my you can freely take any string or something similar and pass it right under your feets..

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
i created a levitation that looks similar, but would cost half of the price mine
is also surrounded and it rises about 3 inches or for also in my you can freely take any string or something similar and pass it right under your feets..

If you have, why not send it in to be checked if you are able to sell it here?
I'm pretty sure many magic shops are looking for a new levitation.
Care to post a video?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Alright im at the local meeting of magicians here in Tampa its about 5 of us all teens. We show each other some new moves and stuff. This guy walks through the door with one my friends tom. Tom got like a surprised look on his face and the guy that walks in with him looks really weird like hairstyle and what not. where like tom whats up he just starts flipping out saying how this guy just levitated. We started laughing because tom is kind off new at magic so we were thinking he was fooled with the balducci. we ask the kid could you do it for us? he said certainly he walked to the middle of the room and i told everyone to circle him this dude is completely surrounded . and he says watch in his best David Blaine style we laugh then all of sudden that bastard rose like 8 inches we all flipped out were just staring at his feet we looked under nothing looked above looked at his legs he stayed up for like six seconds then slowly came down WTF!!!!!!! he even took off his shoes rolled up his pants ,we even patted him down. Total astonishment the whole room was shocked. nobody said a word for like two minutes just thinking in our mind how he did that.
he said hes been working on that levitation for about 4 years and from what i saw its perfect perfect perfect. He did not tip us in the method saying that he is soon to release it. his name is jason cook and he said he was working with different magic retailers to see the price and distribution. he said he wants it at around 500-600 Dollars for the dvd thats all he mentioned then we left.
It was so sick still cant believe what i saw
Are you sure you arent exaggerating?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
$500-$600 would be a pretty reasonable price for that strong an effect, supposing it's workable anyway. I mean Icarus is $400...

8 inches off the ground is a pretty big distance, imagine having that set and being able to do that in the middle of a party you've been hired to perform... EVERYONE would be in awe!:p

It sounds like a killer to me, but I agree with the guys above, you'd have to definitely see it to believe it.

D.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
$500-$600 would be a pretty reasonable price for that strong an effect, supposing it's workable anyway. I mean Icarus is $400...

8 inches off the ground is a pretty big distance, imagine having that set and being able to do that in the middle of a party you've been hired to perform... EVERYONE would be in awe!:p

It sounds like a killer to me, but I agree with the guys above, you'd have to definitely see it to believe it.

D.

It would be really intrigueing to learn and angle-proof levitation that can be performed 100% in-the-round...
Seems impossible to me...

Imagine producing your business card after that one!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I guess I misunderstood, but at first I was under the impression that he meant he wanted to sell the trick for $500-$600. But I went back and read it again... that's an awfully steep price. This better make a live performance look like camera tricks for that insane amount of money.

The effect sounds sick, but a problem with any demo vid is everyone will think it is some kind of fake.

TDA

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results