Kid Show Effects...

So i am doing some kid shows soon and I am wanting to extend my current show which lasts about 30 minutes. I want another 15 minutes to work with. I was thinking about some linking rings.

Any other ideas?

Links to websites are totally appreciated by the way.

Nov 10, 2007
Have you done kids shows before? If not I warn you be aware. lol. I stopped doing kid shows a while ago because I cant take them getting up and yelling I know how you do it. lol.
ANyways I have one really fun effect for kids shows I used to do. I wish I remembered how it was done but it went like this:
You show 8 cards.
And say if you spell ace I get an ace and it is an ace.
Then you say if I spell two I get a two.
You say I will do it one more time so you know how to do it see if I spell three I get a three.
Now you spell a four and they land on a joker then you take the cards and you say " no " are you joking with me see watch if I spell four I get a four and of course you get it and everytime they spell they get a joker. The kids flipping love it.

Mar 9, 2009
First off, make sure you know what your getting into. Kids are frickin demons in my opinion and I rarely do kids shows. If your brave enough though I would recommend the Magic Coloring book trick. Sounds stupid but kids dig it. D'lites are another good thing. Try "throwing" the light through their head by their ears. I did this at a kids show and they started flippin out. Simple, visual, and uncomplicated tricks are what your going to want to use.

Nov 30, 2007
First off, make sure you know what your getting into. Kids are frickin demons in my opinion and I rarely do kids shows. If your brave enough though I would recommend the Magic Coloring book trick. Sounds stupid but kids dig it. D'lites are another good thing. Try "throwing" the light through their head by their ears. I did this at a kids show and they started flippin out. Simple, visual, and uncomplicated tricks are what your going to want to use.

That last line pretty much sums up my views.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Magic Coloring Book
Sponge Balls Routine
Linking Rings
D'Lites
Fiber Optics or any rope routine
Cups and Balls

I don't know really, but that's the best I can come up with.

Sorry if I wasn't any help.

May 31, 2008
I believe that at about Nine Years old you can start doing card effects. In fact I learned my first card trick at about eight years old.

Anyways, for kid shows I suggest (Like many others have):

D'Lites
Spongeballs
Vanishes
Levitations

Hope this helps.

Magic Coloring Book
Sponge Balls Routine
Linking Rings
D'Lites
Fiber Optics or any rope routine
Cups and Balls

I don't know really, but that's the best I can come up with.

Sorry if I wasn't any help.

I already have my own spongeball routine, which lasts roughly 5 minutes. I have the coloring book, my routine is about 3-5 minutes, I have a rope trick that involves a spectator (cut n' restoreed) rope which is five minutes, Never been a fan of cups and balls.

Are the linking rings hard????? Because I had a miny set and they were so crazy and hard to handle but my local joke shop sells a pack of 8 rings and directions for a 10 minute routine.

Oct 18, 2008
In order to create a good expirience with the kids, look for simple and direct stuf and as much participation as possible: I reccomend going to your local magic shop and picking up Bill Abbots magic with kids,
- dove pan, vanishing cane, anything like that would work, but not hard stuff like cutting cards and such, things that they wont understand or be confused in.
My 2 cents.

Robert.

Mar 9, 2009
Have a fake accident if things get disturbingly awkward like kids running around or if they don't like it. The old invisible death hang levitation always ends the show on a high note.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I wouldnt recommend the linking rings unless its got audience participation or its new style. Or you will get a "AWIve een this!"
cant believe the coloring book worked
i tried it once. some kid said he has it...
I like Chris Capeharts style. He lets them act smart but then its always a magic sucker effect. haha
"Its in your hand!"
"where?"
"INYOURHAND!"
*shows hand*
"SEEITSNOT!NOWSHUTTUPORWILLKILLYOU!"

Jul 2, 2008
For everybody who says kids are demons: they aren't. You are obviously just not good with kids. Professional or not, you can tell me all you want that I have no idea what I'm talking about. You may be amazing at magic, but don't know how to handle kids.

Get them on your side, if they're your FRIEND they'll respect you more, and you'll have a lot more fun with them. Plain and simple, set some rules at the beginning. The magic won't happen if anybody shouts you know!

My 8 cents.

Okay so I just goit a large magic milk pitcher. You know one of those things where you pour milk into a newspaper and then throw it at the kids only to find the milk has vanished. Creates some screams then laughs and claps for the kids.

In addition I got a set of 8 linking rings. I know that one of you guys says that it's a bad idea but the lady hiring me said "Oh!!! Can you do those linking ring things? My daughter and I love seeing that trick! Can you do it?"

I said yes that I knew how to do it." (Which I do.) "But I'll need to get some more rings but yes I'll do it" I was missing one set of rings. But I got them and I can do 'em. Just some more work is all.

What are your recomendations for closers???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results