Kids at the Restaurant?

Im doin restaurant magic now and its a family restaurant . so there are lots of kids around. i need to know what i should show kids if i should show them a trick or 2. I already do sponge balls, but that is about it. what other tricks could i do for kids?!

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I'd recommend spoon and fork bending, thats one of the effects/and or routine I use in my kids routine, I agree rope magic would also be effective. Also try performin very basic magic(pending on age)...this includes using the french drop...etc. Maybe incorporate some type of candy..maybe..lol...hope this helps man!

Oct 18, 2008
- Sponge Balls
- Rope Magic
- Salt Vanish (TT)
- David Harkeys Kids version of Ashes on Palm using " Stickers"
- D'lites
- I reccomend purchasing Close Up Magic For Kids by Bill Abbott: Tons of material for kids close up magic.
- anything simple and visual: Nothing long and hard to understand. I MEAN THE TRICK! :p

May 3, 2008
It doesn't matter if you use cards; just make it flashy and attention grabbing. Do a couple of color changes and they will literally think you're God.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
It doesn't matter if you use cards; just make it flashy and attention grabbing. Do a couple of color changes and they will literally think you're God.

Kids are cruel. And i mean that in a good way.
They'll tell you straight up that thats boring or to do,to quote a kid ive heard,"real magic" whatever that means...
When you perform to them treat the kids with a little respect. As an equal of sorts and not look down to him as just some kid.
On where to find material for kid magic,just visit any magic website and look at the kids magic section.magicgeek is a good start.

One of my favorite things to do for kids in a restuarant setting is a candy production. I show them a small square of foil and have them draw simple picture on it with a sharpie. I take the foil and begin to crumple and mold it into something resembling a Hershey Kiss. I have the kid blow on to it and the little Hershey Kiss banner pops out from the top. I drop the candy to the table. It's a legitimate Hershey Kiss personalized with their own picture. It makes for a memorable souvenir... or dessert.

RS.

May 3, 2008
Kids are cruel. And i mean that in a good way.
They'll tell you straight up that thats boring or to do,to quote a kid ive heard,"real magic" whatever that means...
When you perform to them treat the kids with a little respect. As an equal of sorts and not look down to him as just some kid.
On where to find material for kid magic,just visit any magic website and look at the kids magic section.magicgeek is a good start.
It's not that you're looking down on them; it's the idea that you're doing something quick and visual for them.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It doesn't really matter WHAT you do as long as you treat them like you're treating their parents. That's pretty much all they want, if they think you are treating them like kids (which is what they are). They will end up ruining the show. You could essentially do something like card in hand or a simple coin routine, as long as they are treated like adults (some what.) Once you get them on your side, then the entire table SHOULD hopefully be as well.

Jun 8, 2009
One of my favorite things to do for kids in a restuarant setting is a candy production. I show them a small square of foil and have them draw simple picture on it with a sharpie. I take the foil and begin to crumple and mold it into something resembling a Hershey Kiss. I have the kid blow on to it and the little Hershey Kiss banner pops out from the top. I drop the candy to the table. It's a legitimate Hershey Kiss personalized with their own picture. It makes for a memorable souvenir... or dessert.

RS.
Is that a marketed effect? It sounds interesting and outside the box.

Jun 8, 2009
It doesn't really matter WHAT you do as long as you treat them like you're treating their parents. That's pretty much all they want, if they think you are treating them like kids (which is what they are). They will end up ruining the show. You could essentially do something like card in hand or a simple coin routine, as long as they are treated like adults (some what.) Once you get them on your side, then the entire table SHOULD hopefully be as well.

1) No long-winded multi-phase routines. That particular kid might be the exception, but in general they have a short attention span.
2) Keep them entertained with humor. If you get the kid to laugh, not only will you be sure they like it, you'll have the parents content too.
3) Never leave interested kids out. Grumpy kids make for grumpy parents.

right now i do spongeballs and the quick pick a card, remember, put it back, is this it? No? alright snap your fingers, tada.
that candy idea is nice, but idk if i would use hershey kisses, cause of pocket management, cause they could get squished or melt. maybe a mint or something like that.
i herad d'lites are hard to perform close up
also any rope routines you recommend? i saw u had fiber optics, but is there another one maybe? that might make more sense to the kids?
im thkning of some money tricks, like splitting a halfdollar into quarters or something. (quarters like the money, not 1/4 physically)
thanks for the ideas so far tho

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results