Laymen killers

Oct 13, 2008
Hello!

I'm trying to put together a repertoire of tricks that any magician knows but that kill laypeople nevertheless. Something that can be done almost impromptu or with little preparation.

Tricks like The Ultimate 3 Card Monte, The Invisible Deck, Dr.Dailey's Last Trick and such.

The main requirement is this - nothing should be going on, seemingly. That, I believe, makes the effect powerful. No quick, flashy moves, not too many phases and layers.

Recently, I've added "The Grail" by Mike Rose and "CAANDY" by Chris Mayhew. Those are one heck of magician foolers, they don't fool laypeople, they fry them :). But these fit the requirement.

So, I would be happy if you could share some ideas on effects that may be added to the list. From the classics as well as some new stuff.

Thank you!

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
CAANDY is an amazing effect and kills laymen. However I agree that the true power of that effect is to destroy magicians.

As far as material for lay audiences make it personal.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I've found that practically ANYTHING that Jay Sankey puts out aren't really magician foolers and he doesn't use a ton of knuckle busting sleights. However, I've found that a large portion of his material is VERY practical and definitely GREAT for lay people.

Aug 2, 2010
Anything of Helder Guimaraes', but especially Twizinser or Betwixt.

Loool, you probably dont know many of his effects ( just guessing)
Because if you did you would know that those effects are not that powerful compared to the others.

Also, the better the magic is if there arent unjustified mooves.

What happens with Helders tricks is that they look as if you were seeing a real magic trick.
If magic really existed then this would be the way "magicians" would show their effects.
Sorry If you guys didnt understand my words very well , Im portuguese so ... ( just like helder muahahah) anyways, if you want to create great pieces of magic you need to aproach it as a simplist thought in the mind of the spectators

PEace and LOve

Dec 6, 2010
If you work on timline 2.0 by Danny G it is amazing to laymen and its cool to give away the signed card as a souvenier and they'll remember it forever.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Loool, you probably dont know many of his effects ( just guessing)
Because if you did you would know that those effects are not that powerful compared to the others.
Beg to differ. His card magic is very motivated, very un-fishy, and very smiplistic in handling. His effects are also superbly structured, leading into each phase seamlessly. I can't think of much else I would wan't from a card trick. We could all learn from Helder's construction and thoughts behind each effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results