Light

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I thought everything went good except the beginning.
The bulb is way to big and bright. A smaller one would be better.
I liked how you spun the lampshade off of the lamp. Great stage presents.

The only advice I could give you now is just really work on your routine and make sure it's flowing. Some tosses in the air and catches with the D'lites didn't look good beginning at 1:10.
I would just toss a coin in the air and catch it, then try to reenact the timing and motions with the Dlites to make sure it looks fluid.

One pet peeve I have with the Dlites is showing both lights at the same time and then after that going on to more single lighted moves. To me, I feel that it gives the trick away that he has two of the "lighting things".

Jan 16, 2008
Agree with the above 2 posts. Mostly, the lighting was pretty dark; it heightened the effect of the Dlites, but does not heighten your movements or what is actually happening. Tough choice, if you ask me.

Another aspect that should be noticed is when you put the light into your pocket and it flashes back on your other hand -- don't do it. It looks very artificial and speed is not of an essence in your kind of act. The point was to make the light as magical as possible, and naturalness was essential. Flashing lights between your left and right hands don't really do the trick (pun intended).

But overall, it was quite pleasant to watch. Work on it, and perhaps next talent show you'll have yourself a beautiful routine. :)

Nov 11, 2009
I finally performed the LIGHT SHOW EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! lol I didnt really call it that but I did finally do the talent show performance, they loved it. They were amazed and they laughed a couple times (with me NOT at me :D), Thanx for all your ideas and I will have a video posted as soon as I can!

Thanx again,
Josh

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I finally performed the LIGHT SHOW EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! lol I didnt really call it that but I did finally do the talent show performance, they loved it. They were amazed and they laughed a couple times (with me NOT at me :D), Thanx for all your ideas and I will have a video posted as soon as I can!

Thanx again,
Josh

Get cracking on that uploading, I wanna see all my hard work!
Just kidding, I'm glad it went well.;)
Congrats!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results