Magic Castle

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
No matter where you are I believe it is very important for a magician to make a pilgrimage to the Magic Castle at some point in their life. It is a great place. Perhaps the only place where I feel I belong and where my real family is (though I do like my house family which includes my Pikachu). It is perhaps the only place (I know of) where a magician can see their heritage and where they came from.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Man I wish I could go. We have NOTHING where I am at. I think Danny Garcia lives around here (Houston, TX)? But that is about it. Rare magic lectures in a petty shop with some of the rudest people I have ever met working there is about as extensive as it gets. No IBM or Magic Castle or anything of that sort. :(

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Man I wish I could go. We have NOTHING where I am at. I think Danny Garcia lives around here (Houston, TX)? But that is about it. Rare magic lectures in a petty shop with some of the rudest people I have ever met working there is about as extensive as it gets. No IBM or Magic Castle or anything of that sort. :(

Really? No IBM in Houston? That's crazy

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Not that I have come across. I have done countless google searches and asked the magic shops and can't find anything

EDIT holy crap scratch that. I just found houstonmagic.com lol

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I auditioned for the magic castle junior society in september, they said that they liked my routine but that since i have only been doing magic for 2 years I needed to do magic for longer before they would accept me. I really want to do well in my next audition and I think it would be helpful if people would post some videos of their routines. Thanks! oh and just to clarify, I just want ideas I'm not going to steal anyone's routine.

I just remembered something: This year there were many who were accepted and the many who were denied were denied because they were just not prepared. For instance, I practiced the same routine for 4 months. I don't quite think that is the best thing to do but it worked for me. Another big no-no is to change something the night before. You will forget mid-performance, or you just wont have the practice hours in it to do it perfect. Just stay safe and stick with the practiced routine.

Also something that actually got me mad this last September (And I rarely get mad) was that there was this kid. He was about 13 and he had a deck of cards in his hands, I asked him if he was auditioning and he said yes. I asked what he would perform and he didn't even know. He was figuring it out when we were about to get started and audition right then and there! That got me mad. He didn't get in. It sort of hurt me because I put so much effort into my act for about 6 months in all and finally settled on a routine after 2 months and then practiced that routine for 4 months every day and he just thought he could get in to the magic castle without even knowing what he would perform and thought he had a chance of getting in without practicing.

Just be sure that you are on top of things and you are set. You've already gone through this once so you have a great chance your second time around.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results