Magic in High School (Video)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeedub81, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,
    These are clips of performances filmed at my high school throughout my senior year. I made this video mostly for the people that are in it, so it is reaction-based. Check it out, I think you'll get a kick out of it! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmOUrrn8xM

2. Wow you got some great reactions. It appears to be a reflection of your good performing :). Does the taking the letter and suit of the card from their eyes have a name or is it a trick that you came up with yourself? Overall a good video with great tricks.

3. Hey thanks man, the trick you are referring to is called "Infliction" by Daniel Madison. It is from his e-book "Collateral."

4. awesome reactions dude...must have been pretty funny to mind f*** those guys...;P

5. Like I said in your comments, that was quite amazing!!! Loved it!! =)

6. You like the pass a lot I see, haha. Although none of your spectators saw it, I don't think I would have seen it much if you used a cover for it (ie. riffle, dribble, jiggle).

I really liked all the reactions, BUT I did feel when you did the two card transposition you could have slowed down a little bit. You did everything so fast, it makes the effect a little confusing to the spectator. And, as Dai Vernon said, confusion isn't magic.

Other than that, I really enjoyed watching.

7. #7 toolnard, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah man, you got some awesome reactions! The video is great, the editing and everything came together really nicely.

I second the above on the pass. It's flashing sometimes. Just a point of improvement. I'm certain none of your spectators saw it.

Great job!

8. I really enjoyed the video! It looks like you got some amazing reactions and you and your spectators had a lot of fun. I really like seeing live magic on YouTube, and it's even better when they're good performances. You just got one new subscriber. :)