Magic isn't "cool"?

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Ahh, the teenage 'groups' 'labels' whatever you want to call them. I have refused to join a group, mostly because I can't stand fitting in. That's why I like Affliction, sure they are really expensive, but they don't put you in with any group. I like to be something unique.

I don't blame you for not joining a group, or choosing not to. That's kind of a good thing depending on which way you look at it, but the type of people you hang around etc. determines the group you're in. you may not see it, but some others do. labeling is for an individual from an individual. There's not much we can do in that spot, so when you say, "i refused to join a group" its like saying "i refuse to have friends"
because you're friends are also in a group whether you say it is or not.

my friends, we have to accept the fact that we're in a certain group, whether itd be geeky, cool, jock, []D[][]\/[][]D, etc. and stop denying ourselves. I don't want to know or label you guys because this IS an online forum. you guys could be the biggest playas ive ever seen.

I don't blame you for not joining a group, or choosing not to. That's kind of a good thing depending on which way you look at it, but the type of people you hang around etc. determines the group you're in. you may not see it, but some others do. labeling is for an individual from an individual. There's not much we can do in that spot, so when you say, "i refused to join a group" its like saying "i refuse to have friends"
because you're friends are also in a group whether you say it is or not.

my friends, we have to accept the fact that we're in a certain group, whether itd be geeky, cool, jock, []D[][]\/[][]D, etc. and stop denying ourselves. I don't want to know or label you guys because this IS an online forum. you guys could be the biggest playas ive ever seen.

I'm not the most popular guy in school, but I do have friends, but they are from different groups. It's kinda the same reason I don't have a facebook or myspace, because nearly everyone else my age has one....I don't like fitting in to the whole 'teenage stereotype." I just try to be my own person.

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah, I have freinds from differant "groups" its actually (if I was american I would say...) neat (but im english) good.

I do have a facebook though, because ive been to a few differant schools, and its hard to keep up with freinds, so... facebook does that for me :)

anway, I actually asked a girl (shes a bit of a ***** but anyway) and I said "do you think magic is cool or nerdy" and SHE said "its cool".
so I dont think magic is nerdy unless the performer/con artist/deceptor is a nerd ;)

Dec 20, 2008
Magic is what you make it to be. A trick is half sleight, half presentation. It's when you forget the presentation that the magic is lost.

Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
i gotta say everyone who sees me do magic thinks that im a cool kid. i never got the geek thing. i guess u just have to carry yourself the way u want to be seen. your image is the first impression the magic should match. i act casual and dress casual and everyone is layed back and ready to be amazed because im setting an easy mood. i dont get heckeled much because i dont put of the geek vibe. keep in mind that setting should dictate what you do. on the street i tend to do hyper visual effects because there are many more hecklers out there. walk around i do laid back and i build it up to my final effect. i dont tend to do effects like control and stigmata in walk around but on the street those are bread and butter effects to me. many young magicians, for lack of a better word dont relize that there is so so much that goes into magic then just the effect. take it all in. experience will help you. get out there and perform and be carful not to reveal by doing things u cant do perfect yet. hope that helps.
take it easy

Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
I do not think that magic is uncool. Maybe it could seem to be in theory, to somebody who has only ever got a "Your first magic" set at the age of seven, but when I perform to people, sometimes they actually scream. People love not knowing how it is done, in my experience and people will now stop me in the corridors at school and ask me to do a magic trick for them. This has made me late for lessons more than once. Anyway - sometimes when people see you getting out cards and hear the word "magic" their entire body screams "NERD" at you, but by the end of the trick they are loving it. This is just my opinion, but I tihnk that magic is only nerdy when it is not being done to you.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I feel that too many people walk around concerned as to what others think. I do magic for myself, I perform because I want to. Most of the people they claim it to be geeky, nerdish, or whatever probably have a burning desire to do it on the inside they just have too much pride to say something about it.

Apr 6, 2008
My case :

In my school, there are alot of guys, as well as girls that do tricks ( not many doing flourishes ). Most of these guys perform tricks taught at YouTube, they perform it with a bad presentation ( alott like "ok umm... *long pause* put your card here...*pause* hope this works..*pause* .. this your card? No
. Does it again, revealed it and facepalmed -___- ) I do realise that , they perform just to be popular and cool not to mention score girlfriends. Hence, making a bad name for me. If I wanted to score a quick date anyhow, I'd just simply perform a Hershey Kiss trick. Magicians are kind of hated here, but they do love watching me perform flourishes thus I don't really perform tricks at people unless they ask me to (usually when they watch me flourish). I got pretty well known in my school, as well as other schools ( thanks YouTube! ).

"watever, geek!"

FFFFFFFF

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results