Magic website ideas

Hey guys, Ive been thinking about starting my own personal magic website and need as many people to help out as possible (ex: music mixer, camera man, fellow magicians who want to get out and perform, etc.) If you are anyone of the above and would like to help out pm me and i think if i get enough guys this could work. I dont mean for this to be an ad at all, i just want to expand the magic community to its limits, and then break them ;). Magic is something that needs to be expressed.

P.S. anybody got good ideas for a website name? I was thinking like disturbedreality.com.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Honestly, don't start up a site, if that is what you are in magic for, to get a site, sell stuff, become "famous", then you can leave now because the only way you are ever getting there is if you put the dedication needed into this art before you strat going and making sites.

If you make that site, it will be a site where I will probably make jokes with my friends about it.

Allan in all, it is up to you, I can only influence you in such a way so you don't make the wrong mistake. So take this how you want and by all means, I was not trying to be rude.

That doesn't really explain it to me. What's your goal with this?

Truly, my goal is simple. Im, like i said, trying to expand magic's barriers, but my first thoughts when getting it started was the idea that no name magicians who had invented tricks, and usually great tricks, but have been turned down by brand name websites such as ellusionist. This is also for magicians to see what its really like to perform and get feedback from all over the place, but primarily, its for the creation of new effects from no name magicians that kill!
I hope that answers your question.

So a business then?

not necessarily, more of an oppurunity, after all, youtube and other sites are fine, but with all the other stuff flooding those pages, your stuff gets lost forever. I just want to get the name out there. But i guess if the trick is really good, there's no problem with making a little prophet. But thats not the main purpose, but i see how you could think that.

Sep 1, 2007
So it's a collective vanity project, then?

I'm just trying to pin this down. The "goals" you've told me are too vague to be counted as actual goals. More like general ambitions.

Sep 1, 2007
Profit is the acquiring of revenue.

Prophet is a lunatic or substance abuser telling vague stories about what the future will bring.

That out of the way, a vanity project works best of there's a certain standard of quality that it has to abide by.

Profit is the acquiring of revenue.

Prophet is a lunatic or substance abuser telling vague stories about what the future will bring.

sorry man, i could never get that right.

That out of the way, a vanity project works best of there's a certain standard of quality that it has to abide by.

A/nd i completely agree, there will deffinately be a standard to which magicians on the site will have to account for, but i just am in the personal opinion that places like ellusionist have too high of standards to allow for those who just dont seem right for them, but are, in reality, great magicians who need a place to start.

Sep 1, 2007
They also judge whether or not an effect fits in with the corporate culture. They've made their name through a distinctive and highly selective line of products. Something a lot of people overlook in business is corporate culture.

That said, your modus operandi, short-term goals, and long-term plans are still too vague for me to offer any real help. Unless you know exactly what you want to do with something and can lay out a map complete with deadlines and milestones, you're sailing blind.

They also judge whether or not an effect fits in with the corporate culture. They've made their name through a distinctive and highly selective line of products. Something a lot of people overlook in business is corporate culture.

That said, your modus operandi, short-term goals, and long-term plans are still too vague for me to offer any real help. Unless you know exactly what you want to do with something and can lay out a map complete with deadlines and milestones, you're sailing blind.

I never said that i was too terribly far into this whole project, im still in the planning and recruiting process, im sorry if i gave you the impression otherwise, but i appreciate your consideration, but i do know that once i get things really on a role ill have a new thread telling more distinct goals. Im sorry to be too vague, but at the stge i am in right now vague is all i can be.

Oct 6, 2007
also, i was just curious on how clear you would wish for my goals to be? what exactly were you looking for?

To tell us what the actual point of another likely to be, pointless magic website?

There are enough "JOIN US TODAY", "WE ARE RECRUITING" magic websites. In my opinion, they're all jus try hards trying to be important online.

YOu do not need to make a website to get your name out there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results