Making a deck.

Sep 14, 2007
Ok guys, Matt and I have narrowed it down to the following backs: (If we ever do get permission from the USPCC)

#1 : http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc24/Lithium717/Cardback.jpg

#2 : http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/the_unbeliever/RedBacker1.jpg

Please just make a post with your vote, suggestions, or whatever.

Thanks! :)

I like the first one...More bright :)

Second one is a little too dull. Just my opinion.

I don't think you really need to get permission tp print (if you're printing it yourself). You need permission to sell the deck. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sep 2, 2007
I know you've narrowed it down already but here's a bigger version:

- Sean

The Black Guardian Deck -- fantabulous.

I don't think you really need to get permission tp print (if you're printing it yourself). You need permission to sell the deck. Correct me if I am wrong.

Although a parody can be considered a derivative work under U.S. Copyright Law, it can be defended under the fair use doctrine -- 17 USC § 107. The United States Supreme Court stated that a parody "is the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works." This commentary function provides some justification for use of the older work.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 27, 2007
Canada... Eh?
The Black Guardian Deck -- fantabulous.

Although a parody can be considered a derivative work under U.S. Copyright Law, it can be defended under the fair use doctrine -- 17 USC § 107. The United States Supreme Court stated that a parody "is the use of some elements of a prior author's composition to create a new one that, at least in part, comments on that author's works." This commentary function provides some justification for use of the older work.

Cheers,
JTM

... So.. Does that mean we CAN use it if we don't sell the deck? lmao

Sep 2, 2007
Guys, copyright means that it;s ilklegal to take the stuff. if you find an esay on the internet and pass it in. Thats copyright infringement and something else (I forget what...)

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
I dunno guys............great efforts, great thoughts, and surely great collaboration.....great example of putting organised efforts in T11...

but maybe we would need to think of the design from the spectators/users' perspective......how would they look to the audience? Are the colours naturally pleasing?

To illustrate the idea....let's say imagine holding such a deck with these backs; and say, spread them on the table......how would they look? Would they give the feel of "cards"? And would they look pleasing to the user as well as the spectators? Maybe we can try a simpler design or something...........it doesn't always have to be bicycles. =P

Don't touch the PIPS

Good idea to make your own cards.... but...... How are you going to get them printed on the right kind of stock?...
My advise..... leave the pips 'standard' and concentrate on the back, joker and ace o' spades design...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results