Making a deck.

Sep 14, 2007
Dude those pips look awsome!!! I also have been trying to design a deck. Only on paper, I'll probably scan it to my computer and edit on photoshop. But I need help on some things...

1. Where do you get the ace, heart, diamonds, and clubs pics? And where do you get the normal deck of cards pics?

2. How do you print them? What materials do you need to get, and where can you get them from? I would like to know how to print them yourself. A tutorial would be nice, if someone can, can you put up a big post with the tutorial on making your own deck. (maybe it can be stickied)

Those are my Q's, thanks.

Sep 27, 2007
Canada... Eh?
Ok, new Queen, this time with the pips colourized

Dude those pips look awsome!!! I also have been trying to design a deck. Only on paper, I'll probably scan it to my computer and edit on photoshop. But I need help on some things...

1. Where do you get the ace, heart, diamonds, and clubs pics? And where do you get the normal deck of cards pics?

2. How do you print them? What materials do you need to get, and where can you get them from? I would like to know how to print them yourself. A tutorial would be nice, if someone can, can you put up a big post with the tutorial on making your own deck. (maybe it can be stickied)

Those are my Q's, thanks.

Well, you can get the pip pictures from under the Custom Shape thing in Photoshop, I just found a big picture of the King/Queen of hearts on Google, and you can print them using Kardwell, or a good printer,card stock and special ink.. :)

Edit: LMAO I forgot to attach the picture.. :)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc24/Lithium717/QoHcopycopy-1.jpg

Sep 2, 2007
sweet!...Just notciced this. the heart pip is a little off. The shadow is too far away IMO.

EDIT: You should get a minimum done at kardwell, and only make the minimum, making them SUPER RARE!

Sep 27, 2007
Canada... Eh?
Mmhm, I think I might get rid of the shadow on the pips like that..

Plus, I'm not sure if I should change the pips back to the original colour, if I don't, I'll have to colorize every pip on every card that way.. :confused:

Sep 2, 2007
I'll help... As well as the designs are copyrighted.. King,. queen, etc. so if you make this deck and DO produce it, you need it from USPCC, otherwise it will be a ton of legal issues. Make your own king/ have other people help make the cards.

Sep 27, 2007
Canada... Eh?
I'll help... As well as the designs are copyrighted.. King,. queen, etc. so if you make this deck and DO produce it, you need it from USPCC, otherwise it will be a ton of legal issues. Make your own king/ have other people help make the cards.

I emailed the USPCC a few days ago about using their bicycle design, and they haven't emailed back.. >.>

Sep 11, 2007
i moded the ace and i orginaly made a little tut for printing cards all he did was reword ihe ace t.

Sep 27, 2007
Canada... Eh?
I have an idea. If EVERYONE that's helping us emails USPCC With all of our best pictures of ideas.. Then MAYBE they'll respond to one of us with permission, which gives us an okay to use their stuff!

I'm an outside the box thinker :)

Sep 14, 2007
Ok, new Queen, this time with the pips colourized

Well, you can get the pip pictures from under the Custom Shape thing in Photoshop, I just found a big picture of the King/Queen of hearts on Google, and you can print them using Kardwell, or a good printer,card stock and special ink.. :)

Edit: LMAO I forgot to attach the picture.. :)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc24/Lithium717/QoHcopycopy-1.jpg

Cardstock...Hmm cant you get that at staples? Is it just called "card stock" or any thing more to the name?

Also whats the name of the special ink? Like is there any type?

One more thing what about the finish of the cards? I've seen cardstock before at staples and it doesnt look like cards that will fan. So what would we do about the finish? Is there any sort of paint on material that you can make the cards flourish well?

Sep 14, 2007
I emailed the USPCC a few days ago about using their bicycle design, and they haven't emailed back.. >.>

Well..you can trace the design, and draw it out yourself. It's not copying, its drawing it yourself :)
Technicaly your not stealing anyones design. Just redrawing and improvising.

Also I think you can copy and print these decks as much as you want, as long as you dont sell them you're okay...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results