Making theory11 a respected community

It's been a few months since theory11 was opened to the public. Lately it's has not been respected the way others respect decknique and DanandDave. People say they want nothing to do with this site. Since the loss of Decknique( only the forums still around) many members have not joined theory11 and they pretty much hate everything about this site. How can we make theory11 a respected magic communityand gain more members.

Sep 1, 2007
In my humble opinion, the T11 staff is pretty chill. Who gives a damn what the rest of the "community" thinks? Who the hell is this "community?"

As long as I'm able to share my thoughts in an intelligent manner (and in an irreverently humorous manner) everyone elses' respect is worth jack **** to me. Put that in you sig.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
You know...

As much as I love this place, I too have noticed what you are talking about. I'm not too hell bent on getting more members to join. Because that really isn't too important. But, I do have some advice that we can ALL follow that will make this place an even better place to talk magic, and hang out.

- Let's stop with the whinning. With the release of the Brown Wynns I've heard my fair share of people complaining that these cards aren't the real deal, and shouldn't be sold for such a great price. Let's face it, the Theory11 crew wanted us to be a part of this unique opprotunity and that alone is why they did what they did.

- Let's respect peoples privacy. Simply put...it's not cool constantly PMing and IMing certain people bugging them continuously about which rare cards they have or anything that has to do with their financial situation. I know that I wouldn't appreciate it if people contacted me all of the time with questions about my financial situation. If anything, it's no one's business. Let's keep it that way.

- "It's not fair!"...with the much appreciated arrival of the Saturday Night Contest I've seen some threads around here that contribute nothing more to the magic scene than complaining that this or last Saturday Night Contest wasn't fair due to not everyone having a digital camera or not knowing "insider information". These contests are for fun! Enough said.

I hope some of you agree.

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
A community is so much more important than a site selling products claiming it's "underground" and the next big thing. Decknique was the best community around however a video community needs videos to survive and seeing as the media section got taken away the community fell apart. Dan and Dave is the only community like thing cardists have left, and I for one hope nothing happens to that either. I would like to name this milestone in cardistry, BT11 and AT11, before and after theory11, please let that catch on.

Sep 1, 2007
Magicians in general are wankers.

The sooner you come to accept this fact, the happier you'll be.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Here's my two cents.

First, you have to realize that magic is an age old art. Theory11 is a new site.

Now, like anything or anybody, they fear the new. We are a community that realizes that magic is going to change, it has to change. We SUPPORT that there are KIDS that have the potential to be the next greatest thing, and we want to share that with the world.

On the other hand, Some people LIKE to stay stagnant. Some people LIKE that their tricks are 500 years old, just like they are.

The ones who post on other forums, that will not be named, **nii, T** M**** **f*, Co***N****N. Are usually the magicians that live in the past, they are the ones that will say "back in my day". These are the same people that think cardisty/flourishing is a joke. They say "who cares?, thats not magic".

We want that to change, and no one accepts change for what it is. They don't realize that kids have the ability to be creative, they think kids are stupid, some of these other guys are so "old skool" they forget that they were once creative and innovative kids.

As far as the D&D site... its the same people, some of you are haters, you know that. Some of you are supporters, we know that. Some of you are D&D until you die, and others know there are more people out there with great ideas and concepts.

Its just the way it works. Chris told me something a few days ago regarding something else.... but it fits quite nicely here... "time will change" and I'm willing to wait if ya'll are.

Katie Egleston

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I definatly back that 100%.

If anything, we are here in hopes to learn something from those who have been in the business for years. We all, hopefully, wish to be able to take bits and peices of the wisdom with us that they have ever so graciously shared with us.

Shane K.

Fact...

You can't force someone to respect or join anything they don't want to. They may join T11 in the future, and they may not. Let them do as they please, it doesn't really affect magic or the magic community if they want to do old effect. I use old effects all the time. Sometimes the old, "classics" of magic are the best way to go. Why do you think people still perform them? I don't see a horrible effect lasting 500 years. It would have to be somewhat effective right?

It's not about whether they join T11 or not. They don't have to to become a great performer. As long as they are performing the effects they love to perform, has a good time doing it, and hopefully entertaining others, then that's the only thing that matters.

Sep 1, 2007
Here's my two cents.

First, you have to realize that magic is an age old art. Theory11 is a new site.

Now, like anything or anybody, they fear the new. We are a community that realizes that magic is going to change, it has to change. We SUPPORT that there are KIDS that have the potential to be the next greatest thing, and we want to share that with the world.

On the other hand, Some people LIKE to stay stagnant. Some people LIKE that their tricks are 500 years old, just like they are.

The ones who post on other forums, that will not be named, **nii, T** M**** **f*, Co***N****N. Are usually the magicians that live in the past, they are the ones that will say "back in my day". These are the same people that think cardisty/flourishing is a joke. They say "who cares?, thats not magic".

We want that to change, and no one accepts change for what it is. They don't realize that kids have the ability to be creative, they think kids are stupid, some of these other guys are so "old skool" they forget that they were once creative and innovative kids.

As far as the D&D site... its the same people, some of you are haters, you know that. Some of you are supporters, we know that. Some of you are D&D until you die, and others know there are more people out there with great ideas and concepts.

Its just the way it works. Chris told me something a few days ago regarding something else.... but it fits quite nicely here... "time will change" and I'm willing to wait if ya'll are.

Katie Egleston

I think I got the 2nd one. Not so sure aboot the 1st and 3rd...It's a puzzle!

Like Chinese Checkers!

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It's not about being oldskool we just want the decknique media page back is that so hard to understand?

Respect is something not everyone can have for this place. The people who respect it... well, they're here aren't they? They're on the forums, they're ordering the magic and the flourishing products, they're supporting their favorite epicenter for the things they love. If the people left the online community because they have a bias against T11, then leave 'em to it. We've lost a few and gained a lot haven't we? I know I wasn't really into the other forums... But that's because I felt so disconnected from the people on them. I gave them a try but never felt really apart of it. I've been around here since the beginning and it makes me feel a lot closer to the people on the forums. Not to mention all the people I ever respected in magic seem to just lounge around on the forums. Every once in a while you just randomly see Danny Garcia and Just Miller just hanging out! Not to mention Katie haha. By the way... Its been 93 days 6 hours and 1 minute since Theory 11 started... =) Still kickin' too!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results