Masked Magician - Mess Up

Feb 12, 2008
Maybe it was the quality of the video, but it looked like (TO ME) the spectator screwed it up by not following his instructions. The first packet, she put 3 cards on the bottom and one card on the top - the next 3 packets, she only counted 2 cards to the bottom.

Maybe it's because I actually don't know this trick :(

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
come on guy don't be hatin' on him it's a hard trick
you know it's hard to set up four aces on top of the deck before you show a trick..
and try to do all this amazing sleight of hand with a mask on...

Maybe it was the quality of the video, but it looked like (TO ME) the spectator screwed it up by not following his instructions. The first packet, she put 3 cards on the bottom and one card on the top - the next 3 packets, she only counted 2 cards to the bottom.

Maybe it's because I actually don't know this trick :(

Actually he explained the instructions wrong to his spectator. This guy should have recovered by switching to a alternative trick. Amatuer

"""""""""""You did something veeerry special"""""""""""""""""

I'll remember to use that one.

Shane B

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
You know I just thought of something else ironic about him. He said he exposed magic so magicians can work more on showmanship and coming up with new stuff. But look at the guy. He's got the showmanship of a rock. He's pretty much a snooze fest. He wasn't even able to pull off the easiest trick in the book. The effect was done and over once he had to go through the piles and find the aces. So now it was no longer "Oh wow! I cut to each of the aces." it was "Oh I cut to one of them and nothing else happened. >_>"

I'd say I'd feel sorry for him screwing it up. But really this is an effect that requires maybe very little set up and you just gotta know what to say. Which would take maybe a few min of rehearsal.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
As the saying goes. He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

I doubt him performing and screwing up that trick really caused him to get any good press or any gigs. The thing about being on TV is that you'd want to put to your best foot forward so those are are watching, get interested in what you and also go "Man that guy was awesome! We need to hire him right away!" rather than, "He was kind of lame and pretty much screwed up a card trick on TV.."

As the saying goes. He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

I doubt him performing and screwing up that trick really caused him to get any good press or any gigs. The thing about being on TV is that you'd want to put to your best foot forward so those are are watching, get interested in what you and also go "Man that guy was awesome! We need to hire him right away!" rather than, "He was kind of lame and pretty much screwed up a card trick on TV.."

The irony is he doesn't have to worry about losing jobs he could just take off his mask and be someone else. The public can't remember him so his mistakes go unpunished so there's no reward for having to be exceptional.

Shane B

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results