Master Deal Question

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So I've been practicing my Master Grip & Deal (by Marlo) for a while now. I have gotten it the a point where I'm reasonably comfortable with it. However, I saw a magician who said Dealing - and False dealing) is significantly easier when you also put the middle finger across the top, resting easily along side the index. I tried it, and found that it was significantly easier to do, the original Master Grip was actually kinda uncomfortable, but this allowed my hand to relax.

So will this mess up my false deals with the Master Deal? Will I be able to do centers and bottoms the same (haven't even come close to perfecting my regular deal, and have only played with seconds, so I haven't even bothered to work on C & B), or should I go back to regular Maser Grip for my deals?

All tips about the Master Deal are appreciated! Thanks!

Jul 28, 2015
Hey Maaz, the grip you're describing is the Erdnase bottom deal grip, I personally don't like it and find it uncomfortable, in my opinion if your learning and using marlos master grip I would just stick with that for the moment, until you get it down

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hey Maaz, the grip you're describing is the Erdnase bottom deal grip, I personally don't like it and find it uncomfortable, in my opinion if your learning and using marlos master grip I would just stick with that for the moment, until you get it down
Yeah, I started doing it, then realized it was kind of difficult to do. Gonna stick to the Master Grip. Thanks!

Jun 11, 2017
Not sure what the 'master grip' is but I can tell what you're asking. Middle finger across the top, as you say, could work for those who aren't eyeballing. Be careful man.

Apr 9, 2016
No matter what grip you choose, I highly recommend sticking with it, making it your own and using the same grip for all deals, fair and false.

You change grip at the table you're gonna have trouble. ;).

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results