Most and least preferred angles for tutorials?

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by Brett Hurley, Mar 19, 2016.

1. All right, I've been working on a third (because number two was recently rejected for Marketplace material) cardistry tutorial!...in the next couple months.

Just made some breakthroughs and I'm back on a cardistry kick again. So here's my question:

For a tutorial, what are the most preferred and least preferred camera angles to learn from?

I'm trying to learn some lessons from my first Matketplace release and I want to try and do my next one using a 2 or 3 different angles...if possible. I just know that I won't be able to use the 'helpful text and animations' due to lack of good software.

Any suggestions?

2. I really enjoy over-the-shoulder POV because that's what I see when practicing, as well as side views to see what it would look like if your hands were tilted. I feel anything that simulates what it looks like when practicing really helps.

Brett Hurley likes this.
  3. I BEYOND HATE the front view camera angle .

4. Noted! No front angle!

5. Here's something that bit me in the rear end when I made 'Oni Cut': background music.

Is it necessary?

Especially for a spoken word tutorial?

6. If your tutorial has a slow/silent demo or review part you should use light ambient music. If you'll be speaking 90 percent of the time, I'd stick with no music.

Brett Hurley likes this.