Muscle Reading Books

Sep 1, 2007
Banachek published Psychophysiological Thought Reading a while ago. Don't know if it's still available, but you can look around.

Hellstromism

Or Muscle Reading.

I think you are much better off pretending like you know how to muscle read. Get some solid effects and just play it up and maybe if you want to, practice at the same time, but at least you will do it knowing you are already home free.

I am learning NLP right now, check it out.

Jan 9, 2008
Sacramento
Hahaha yeah- maybe instead of nlp try picking up a book on psychology, or hypnosis and suggestion. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can program other people's minds by talking to them...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The advice about pretending to muscle read is actually quite good. Banachek mentions it as it is a great way to learn without the risk of failure. However you cannot be influenced by knowing the result and that is the hardest part. Anyway here is a suggestion;

Force / peek a card then turn away.
have the spec take out there card and 3 others and lay them face down.
mix the cards ask them if they know where their selection is.
Turn back around and start muscle reading you will not be influenced as you have no idea where the card is yet you know what it is.
If you are having trouble play it off like you know where it is.
turn all card face up and just find it that way.

Sep 1, 2007
The advice about pretending to muscle read is actually quite good. Banachek mentions it as it is a great way to learn without the risk of failure. However you cannot be influenced by knowing the result and that is the hardest part.

That doesn't answer my question why.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think he was trying to say that it's easier to pretend rather than learning the actual skill, which takes time, effort and ALOT of trial and error.

I myself am not an expert on muscle reading by any means, but while you can achieve similar effects with psudo-muscle reading, there are some incredible things you can do on the spot that you would never be able to achieve without the skill.

D.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
What I was trying to get across was it is not something you can just practice. you really need to practice by doing. That card piece is something I do and to the point where I can do it almost perfectly now.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
True, but I think what Steerpike is getting at is the same thing he was getting at with the Cold Reading/Palm Reading thread... you can pretend and pretend, but if you don't know anything about the actual procedures etc. You'll never be as good as someone who is.

Then again, Steerpike is a weird one but remember you can't spell Steerpike without 'St'. :p

- Sean

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Ok now I get where he is coming from.

What I was trying to say was using it as a practice in performance type piece because you really cannot practice it. Using something that you have an out for as you are just starting out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results