Need a recommendation for group mentalism

Ok, I want a group mentalism demonstration, for around 30-60 kids teens and adults. I'd like it to be something like an effect I know, where you have them think of two certain numbers, and around 75% of the time it's 2 certain numbers. (I think it's a combination of suggestion and other stuff, I found it in some $8 magic book online.)
But I'd like something like that, and there's a mic a powerpoint where I'd be doing it, so I can use videos, slideshows, anything.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Hmmm... ok I have a couple of suggestions for effects that are available, and then after just an idea from seeing things like this performed

Shut-Up by Lance Norris- Cause first a spec to lose there hearing... then the entire audience

Maximum Involvement by Tony Icoveillo (Sorry but I don't think ive spelt his last name right... i'll correct it once I can get back on the cafe')- There are a couple of pieces... one example being that you hand a participant a package and then at the end it is found to be something you predicted. Lol I know I didn't really give a description but that's because I don't want to give anything away, but it's a fantastic principle and gets a lot of involvement from the audience

Ok there was two... i'll post if I think of anything else

One thing to try would be to come up with an effect utilising some of the most popular psychological forces... things like numbers etc. With the whole audience involve there is a big chance you'll get an overall hit with each and so could come up with some great effect/routine

Sep 3, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Max Maven has several amazing mentalism routines which can be found in his Nothing DVD. Also, any sort of metal bending could work wonders. Banachek's PK Silverware is the best place to look for material.

Sep 1, 2007
If you want to include multiple people on stage than a chair prediction would be good. (There is a good one on Marc Spelmann vol 2 DVD).
Look into psychological subtleties 2 for audience forces.

You could also do a large question & answer routine involving much of the audience (look into thought scan on Osterlind mind mysteries Vol. 1).

Since you are using a large video screen you could also do the classic card force (where the cards are riffled by fast and you have the viewer think of one they see) you could create a powerpoint to do this card thought force.

You could also do group hypnosis, or just suggestion effects using the audience, and a chair lift. (If you don't know what I'm talking about look into Osterlinds ETMMM Vol. 3)

Hope that helps:)

if you need it fast, get 'pre-thoughts' written by banacheck
it's an entire mentalism routine, and pretty good too.

cheap as chips as well. have a look over at Ellusionist, that's where i got mine.

also do an invisible deck routine and have an audience member ring someone and do all of the trick over the phone.

shoot me a pm, for anything

Sep 2, 2007
You can perform some fantastic mentalism with a marked and invisible deck. You also might want to check out 13 Steps to Mentalism, Banachek Pre-Thoughts, and as mentioned above, PSI Volumes 1 and 2, and Psychokinetic Silverware.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results