Need a video editing software...

Mar 27, 2009
Just got my camera and i'm ready to start uploading some performances. So I need a video editing program to add some stuff to my vids. Anybody have some suggestions on some programs???

Jul 13, 2009
Movie maker is a great tool, and if you have a bit of money Sony Vegas could be a good bet. By I haven't found any reason yet to use anything other then movie maker.

Mar 27, 2009
Movie maker is a great tool, and if you have a bit of money Sony Vegas could be a good bet. By I haven't found any reason yet to use anything other then movie maker.
Really? I heard Movie Maker was a pain in the ass, but i haven't given it a try yet, so I guess I can't say for sure...

May 18, 2008
I used Movie Maker for a LONG time, but there are two things you DEFINITLY have to keep in mind.

1: HD. If the new camera you got is HD, then it WILL NOT work with Movie Maker without a BIG fight. I do NOT reccomend it at ALL.

2: WindowsXP. I dunno if they have changed it by now, but back when I used it on XP, it was almost impossible to use WMM to make anything decent because of some of the tools. This was later corrected in the version that came with Vista, so maybe there is a free download. The Vista version had a LOT better stuff you could do AND it was WAY easier.

So, I highly reccomend Windows Movie Maker if you don't need SUPER proffesional looking stuff, aren't editing HD and can get the version that for me, came with Vista.

Other than that, I agree with the Vegas thing. GREAT software, if you have the money. Vegas Movie Studio is a cheap alternative.

Hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to post them or PM me if you want!

May 31, 2008
Jahshaka is free, and can do some incredible things. It's REALLY hard to figure out though. There are some tutorials, but I never bothered to look at them. It just sits all pretty on my dock next to iMovie and iTunes. I'll learn how to use it one day...

..I use Movie Maker when I'm on my Grandpa's PC, it's not a pain in the ass, just very simple. Which means it's easy to use, but it doesn't make for the most exciting videos. The fanciest thing I've ever done in Movie Maker:

http://media.theory11.com/2434-Stigmata

It isn't the most amazing editing ever, but it's still cool.

Jahshaka:

http://jahshaka.org/

Sep 1, 2007
I use iMovie, Vegas and final cut, if you need things edited, you can let me know

Not that it was the greatest video I've ever done, but I edited Taylor Lewis' Liquid DVD, although that was a few years ago

~Beans

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
For a little less money than the Vegas series, you can get Adobe Premiere Elements. IT's a little less exotic than Vegas, but you can still edit all kinds of things, from text formatting to cutting out frames and editing single colours backgrounds.

Quite versatile, and PE7 is what I use.

Check out the website, it's available in software CD or Download.

Gus

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results