Need help with busking.

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
Hola! Everybody. I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas or tips on busking. Any time there is a festival or something of that sort going on, I go and try to busk there. But I haven't been getting crowds. Instead I go up to people one by one and do magic and say a hat line. At a concert I made $110, but at this thing called "Goldsboro street jam city has every other thursday I make about 15-20 dollars. Can someone give me some tips on how to dress, what kind of tricks to do, and how to crowd?"

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
1. Get a street performance license.

5. Card tricks play very small so be wary of that.

6. Fiber Optics is great

7. D'Lites if it is evening show.

More to come when I wake up probably.

Feb 28, 2008
I don't think there's anything wrong with performing for people one on one or for a very small group of people. That's what I do usually, and I kind of prefer because that's what I perform.

With that said, here are things that have always helped me get noticed:

1) Make them know you're performing. Make a little sign, dress a certain way... just make sure people know you're there to perform (and make money).

2) Flourish. If you're not a flourisher, I would suggest you pick some up. I'm not even talking about the really hard stuff off the System as it seems laymen don't understand it. More acrobatic stuff usually catches people's eyes - hot shots, packet tosses, deck flips.

3) Set up far away a musician. If there's a guy with a guitar, he'll almost always win over you. It's sad but true.

As far as tricks, I'm not really sure what to say. I just do close up card stuff... however, if you perform for a couple, nothing will hit stronger than Anniversary Waltz. It just kills.

HOpe that helps.

His rule number 5 is on the spot, Fiber Optics is amazing, got it today and I'm amazed with how much is on it and the quality of the stuff.
i didn't like fiber optics...but thats just me personally....i do recommend it though....oh yeah as for the ANNIVERSARY WALTZ.....since i''m going to be bias....go and learn my CONSUMMATED.....its a quick hitter than the AW........if you want to look at CONSUMMATED check out the info of my signature and you'll find it....

Do quick hitters....somethign thats visual and quick.....the attention span of people are way shorter at times like that.....do stuff like Dan Hauss's Laced..... some sort of levitation if you are up to the task....

if you are near trees i got the perfect effect called LIVING PROOF.....if you want to know more bout that....my e-mail and contact info is also in my signature....

When you get a large crowd, thats when stuff like SICK comes in to play....THREAD.....hey the old arm twister is still good to folk.....

This is how i work...i start with one person or a small crowd....then i work my way to the bigger crowds, because like it or not people talk...they'll say " hey did you just see what he (expletive) did?" and that will cause 20 or 30 more people to come....

Stuff like Frozen is for large crowds......thats a money maker as well.......

but yeah i hope you get the point...if you want to know morre just e-mail me and i can give you some visual details stuff on what to do....

First check local laws, if you are going to attempt to get a hat. Malls, Stores, and other private property are off limits unless given permission from the owner of the establishment.
Trick wise, you need to be loud make lots of noise to get peoples attention. If you are bad at entertaining and are dull you will loose the little crowd you have. Instead of just checking out Gazzo's performance get his book about busking. Also if you do a google search for Buskers forum you will be led to a great forum dedicated to buskers.

The most important thing for a busker is having hat lines, that is how you get paid.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results