Need Mentalism Help

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Is it important that the method has to be a real suggestion based method?

I know that does not make much sense however, what is wrong with something like the PATEO force or a simple equivocal method.

there is a lot you can do with influence. its more that just forcing an idea. making someone see something using influence is different. i need more than a card force, thats why i ask u lovely people for stuff. the show will be as long as i want it to be. about an hour? experience? iv have some. i can do hypnosis. and i

Think about how long an hour is. Doing a show for 10 minutes is hard, half an hour is massive and an hour is just amazing. People tend to get bored easily, think about it is your thing really that good that you can actually keep them interested enough.

I know that does not make much sense however, what is wrong with something like the PATEO force or a simple equivocal method.

I ask the same question. As i said earlier on, a simple force like a magician force(equivouge force) can work wonders if performed correctly.

Mikk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
Is it important that the method has to be a real suggestion based method?

it just need to look like it. i know suggestion kinda, not been doing it too long but any ideas would be good

Think about how long an hour is. Doing a show for 10 minutes is hard, half an hour is massive and an hour is just amazing. People tend to get bored easily, think about it is your thing really that good that you can actually keep them interested enough.

I ask the same question. As i said earlier on, a simple force like a magician force(equivouge force) can work wonders if performed correctly.

Mikk.

its not a stage show more like how bill malone did that show u can see on youtube. ive had gigs beofre where i have done walk around and kept people for more than a hour. i wouldnt do it if i couldnt. i would say the same thing if i saw this topic in a forum ive been doing magic long enough to be able to hold a crowd. the crowd are going to be mostly people from my fan base that have only seen me do the normal card stuff, and people who know nothing about me. so these people are the kind of people who want to see magic

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
You keep people for an hour when doing walkaround? :S I've been doing walkaround magic and mentalism for years and never once have I kept people for an hour - If you're booked for say a 2 hour slot, you'll want to move to different groups and people throughout that time, entertaining people in smaller groups to keep the atmosphere up and the room moving while people can still make it to the bar and have conversations between themselves. If the host wanted an hour long show, they'd book you for a stand up performance for that length of time.

Ok, so you're putting together an hour long show... The secret is to build 4x 15 minute sequences and work that way, so look at the over all theme of your show and perhaps you can break it down into 4 pieces and work toward a climax.

I've just put together an hour long show in a similar way which is split into 2x 30 minute halves.

Look at what you want to achieve and the effects will come to you from there, if you're just looking to use other people's material, then check out guys like Ostilind, Maven, Banachek, etc, but I think if you're putting on an hour long show, it should be YOUR show, not someone else's.

Good luck!

DC

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Looch has a 2 DVD set that teaches effects that are based on Suggestion and mind control. Tho I think his stuff is more or less for walk around, tho you could make it work on stage.

Wait, you plan to do one group for an entire hour? That's just going to look a bit silly and stupid to the person who hired you. Just do a 5-9 min show at each table and that should pretty much work fine. You're hired to do perform for everybody there.

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
it wasnt the plan to keep a group for an hour time just flew by, i dindt do a lot of effects just the way i presented them ate the time some how. also the fact they kept asking for more. it was my first ever gig. it was a good one.

Ok, so you're putting together an hour long show... The secret is to build 4x 15 minute sequences and work that way, so look at the over all theme of your show and perhaps you can break it down into 4 pieces and work toward a climax.

DC

i never thought of that thats a good idea, thanks. i dont want to just be performing other poeple effects im looking for concepts, ideas and effect that i can make my own. i got the whole show kinda worked outi just need to pad it out.

Wait, you plan to do one group for an entire hour? That's just going to look a bit silly and stupid to the person who hired you. Just do a 5-9 min show at each table and that should pretty much work fine. You're hired to do perform for everybody there.

no one has hired me. it will be a stage show but without the stage (i dont like to be far from the audicne it makes less personal) i spent an hour on one group without realising. it was my 1st gig, ive learned more from then. the show will be 40-60 mins. it doesnt have to be the most important thing ios that people are entertained not how long it is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results