New 1-on-1 tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
Coin on sholder

No ideo but I would really like to learn apollo's coin on sholder routine,
I have my own routine but it's always helpful to see someone elses.

++ a pickpocketing 1 on 1 would be cool but you can't put that much info into 1 1on1 or you should make them all on a difrent subject: frontpockets, backpockets, breast pockets...

Gianni_

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Why is it always you that makes these threads? If you want to ask the question then just use the huge 1on1 wants thread people have seem to forgotten about lol.

are you saying that just because you created the unofficial "official" 1-on-1 thread?

anyways we ask because not everyone likes to chill out waiting up till 11. and besides why's it a big deal? anyways i dont see the point in a coin on shoulder 1-on-1. there is no secret method, just timing and experience. id love to see more from apollo, especially a watch steal 1-on-1 since Alligator clips are a pain in the A$$. If it is from him though it would probably be more along the lines of Trapeze Trio, Heel Tap, Son of Recapped or even better his Pits to Pocket effect.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
anyways we ask because not everyone likes to chill out waiting up till 11..

I think what he wants to say is that ones whole friday night shouldnt be planned on a video released on an internet website.
Besides,no one has to ask every single friday if there is or isnt gonna be one.
Cant they just wait for the freaking thing saturday or a few days from then?
Its not like the video is gonna be taken down anytime soon

Jul 8, 2008
are you saying that just because you created the unofficial "official" 1-on-1 thread?

anyways we ask because not everyone likes to chill out waiting up till 11. and besides why's it a big deal? anyways i dont see the point in a coin on shoulder 1-on-1. there is no secret method, just timing and experience. id love to see more from apollo, especially a watch steal 1-on-1 since Alligator clips are a pain in the A$$. If it is from him though it would probably be more along the lines of Trapeze Trio, Heel Tap, Son of Recapped or even better his Pits to Pocket effect.

Don't you think that's a little ignorant? You don't need to learn a new method EVERY week. I would actually like to see some more people take the time to put out a 1on1 that actually teaches theory. Sure the method is simple but why buy something just for the method? Don't you think that a coin on shoulder would be pretty damn awesome because you learn everythign about it, not just the method which can be found in tons of books. I think Bobo's might even teach it

Jul 8, 2008

Don't you think that's a little ignorant? You don't need to learn a new method EVERY week. I would actually like to see some more people take the time to put out a 1on1 that actually teaches theory. Sure the method is simple but why buy something just for the method? Don't you think that a coin on shoulder would be pretty damn awesome because you learn everythign about it, not just the method which can be found in tons of books. I think Bobo's might even teach it

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

which part exactly is ignorant? I agree that a 1-on-1 on theory would be great, however its a much more subtle concept and few people would take the time to really grasp the ideals trying to be set down, and be honest, how many people do you think would actually buy it. I am not saying that Coin on shoulder isn't a great routine that is based around some of the most fundamental parts of magic, misdirection, spectator control, conditioning etc, apollo is a genius in subtle body language, touches and even his theories on the half circle, im saying that that is more a result of his years of experience and that a 1-on-1 on that particular routine is not likely to happen. I love the routine and have worked on a similar one for awhile and if it could be taught that would be great, but its more a personal thing which you have to develop, i wasn't trying to be a move monkey about just methods, just saying 1-on-1's aren't the avenue for theory,

I think what he wants to say is that ones whole friday night shouldnt be planned on a video released on an internet website.
Besides,no one has to ask every single friday if there is or isnt gonna be one.
Cant they just wait for the freaking thing saturday or a few days from then?
Its not like the video is gonna be taken down anytime soon

and i get that, what im saying is that its nice to be kept in the loop, if im getting home at 10 and i have a choice to go to bed or stay up another hour and see whats up, its nice to know if im waiting for nothing. Remember, KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2008
Why is it always you that makes these threads? If you want to ask the question then just use the huge 1on1 wants thread people have seem to forgotten about lol.

This isn't as bad as the threads posted at 10:30 PM asking why a new one hasn't been posted yet. Those just make me sick (ok not sick, but slightly annoyed, not really)

Haha I knew someone was gonna say that after I made my post. The answer is no. It's just makes things easier to put all your questions about 1on1's in that thread. Even though the thread name is "1on1 wants" it's nice to be organized and not fill up the forums with useless thread.:D

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Thank God this turned into an argument, it sure helps the community!

The argument is helping the people reading to prioritize their purchases in magic. Thats what IM arguing at least. Its helping alot more than most threads around here these days.
What else can you say in a thread about when another thing to buy is coming out.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW

Heel Tap is one Hell of an effect and Pits to Pockets is awesome. Even if it isnt from Apollo im sure it will be awesome :D

Tom

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm about to do something awesome and I think copperfield14 will love me for this. (I also agree with what you said.) Ill post here in a sec.

-Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results