New Deck Vanish - Geraint Clarke

Hey guys and girls,

I hope you are all well.

It's less than a month til the Blackpool Magic Convention 2010.... and whilst collating all the new tricks I want to show off. I decided to film this visual deck vanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujarA3PljHQ

It is gimmicked, but that is necessary to get rid of dodgy deck switches or crazy sleights in the routine.
Other than that everything is examinable from start to finish.

It's a new creation, so other than the words 'PRACTICE', I just wanted to know your opinion on it?
What would be your ideal way to vanish a deck ??

Cheers guys,

G.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey guys and girls,

I hope you are all well.

It's less than a month til the Blackpool Magic Convention 2010.... and whilst collating all the new tricks I want to show off. I decided to film this visual deck vanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujarA3PljHQ

It is gimmicked, but that is necessary to get rid of dodgy deck switches or crazy sleights in the routine.
Other than that everything is examinable from start to finish.

It's a new creation, so other than the words 'PRACTICE', I just wanted to know your opinion on it?
What would be your ideal way to vanish a deck ??

Cheers guys,

G.

Is the box examinable?...because I would really ask to see the box after the trick...

the vanish looks good...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hmm, I'm not digging it somehow, I'm afraid. I don't like the idea of putting the deck back in the box before the vanish. It's just another unnecessary stage that could be removed. And given that there are impromptu ways of doing exactly the same thing, same level of visualness and everything only without the box, I think it's a bit...I don't know, it just doesn't work for me.

Still, nice work on the creation, keep it up :)

Nov 10, 2007
cheers bro.

I appreciate the post :)

WOW, that was really cool, I love the idea of putting the deck back in the box, and then under impssible conditions the deck vanishes leaving 1 card the signed and selected card. Fantastic job, something I would definately use, if I could figure it out:(. Anyways hope to see this up for sale one day, are you thinking about it?

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Hey man, great effect.

My only advice is to control it different. The big motion of your hand drew my eyes right to it, and looked a little suspicious.

Other than that, awesome effect.

Oh, and how would the effect look with a deck of bikes? Since there is no window to watch the visual part of the trick, does that constrict it to only Wynns?

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Hey man, great effect.

My only advice is to control it different. The big motion of your hand drew my eyes right to it, and looked a little suspicious.

Other than that, awesome effect.

Oh, and how would the effect look with a deck of bikes? Since there is no window to watch the visual part of the trick, does that constrict it to only Wynns?

Box + Box cutter = Bikes with a window.

Looks pretty awesome, would be nice to see with a broader view, but if it's as clean as it looks and examinable then you've got something nice there.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results