New theory11 Moderator Announcement - ZachMonky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
okay, so first of all I really agree with creeper and the other guys on this subject, so Ill start saing a couple of things...

Don Driver..., I agree with zeedub.

Now, onto the the new moderator thing... is it really a necesarity to have another moderator here? I mean, dont take me bad on this, but the only mods that I actually see working here are either Sinful, Rebel ace 69 or jon raiker himself, the other guys? I rarely see them here...So, is it really necessary to have another mod? In my opinion, I dont think so....

Now, onto the selection itself, I mean, yeah, Zack can be a very good option, but there are better options out there if you ask me, a lot of the guys here have already mentioned some of them, now Im actually happy for zach( good thing for him) but I really havent seen him shining on threads this days, I mean, look at his post count, I would rather choose as a moderator someone that actually participates in the forums on a daily basis, not someone that comes every now and then...

The forums are made for us right? wouldnt it be better, if we all chosed a moderator? As I said before there are a lot of better options in here as a mod rather than zach....

I know this is going to piss some guys but I dont care, just my 2 cents.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 10, 2009
I'm probably wrong, but for some reason I don't think Don Driver is who he says he is.

Sorry Zeedub81 but I am who I say I am

www.dondriver.com I understand why you might think that.Yep over 50 years in magic.Its been a wonderful life.

Please understand I'm not trying to make trouble here.Why can't everybody on forums get along and not attack other members.

My last word is Zach is a really good person and dosen't deserve to be talked about like he was. He has worked really hard to get to where he is today.You should all be thankful you have such a good person as a mod here.

Thats all I have to say. I don't dislike anybody and hope to make more friends here.Thanks for having me here to say my peace.

You all have a GREAT day !
Don

May 10, 2009
Andrew,

You do make a good point.But Zach dosen't have a bad bone in his body.Give him a few years . Maybe they should make me a mod. I've been around so long I'm a real S.O.B. hahaha

MagicLemonBird: Now that was a great post with a good opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion. ( I have high hopes for you)

Thanks guys,
Don

Mar 1, 2009
why does every1 or most peeps have Monkey in their name?
i know i do but is it just like the greatist animal ever or something:confused:
srry this is a little off topic but good job

Sep 1, 2007
You don't think its right that people are attacking each other on the forum. yet you started an argument with me by saying something unneccessary?

Andrew,

You do make a good point.But Zach dosen't have a bad bone in his body.Give him a few years . Maybe they should make me a mod. I've been around so long I'm a real S.O.B. hahaha

MagicLemonBird: Now that was a great post with a good opinion and everyone has a right to their opinion. ( I have high hopes for you)

Thanks guys,
Don

Haha, thanks I get that a lot. Just kidding, I've only got that from BAWI to. (High hopes thing). Haha.:D

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I find it ironic that the thread announcing a new mod has erupted into a heated argument and an off-topic discussion about animals in people's usernames.

May 18, 2008
Hey Zach, use your mod powers to delete almost all the immature posts before mine.

Allow me to interject in my feelings on this ruling (as if anyone actually wants to hear them... ha.)

First off, I would like to say that I do not personally know Zachmonky. I live across the country from him. But I can say that I am VERY jealous of him.

He lives in a mansion in California. He goes to tons of magic events. He buys a lot of stuff. Plus he is a LOT better than me.

I used to absolutly HATE him for all that stuff on the forums... But then I realized...

He had to work REALLY hard to be that good. Really. I practice a LOT and have been in magic about the same amount of time, and he is STILL TONS better than I probbably ever will be.

I envy him, but from what I have seen on different websites (since about 2005 or 2006) he is a GREAT choice for moderating. Congratulations!

Still though, I asked Bayme if I could become a mod (always wanted to be one) on the phone several months ago and he said he would keep it in mind for when they needed a new one... :(

Oh well, Zach is probbably more deserving than I am...

But how often does he practice? I practice about 6 or 7 hours a day (not including when I am performing) and he is STILL better than I am...

Oh well, congradulations! I am sure you will do well!

Sep 20, 2008
Hey Zach, use your mod powers to delete almost all the immature posts before mine.

Ass kiss.

But how often does he practice? I practice about 6 or 7 hours a day (not including when I am performing) and he is STILL better than I am...

Since when did getting better at magic become a competition? what are you, Brian Tudor? If so, send me an autographed Ace of clubs. im a big fan.

Everyone all I have to say is, really?

You're judging someone none of you even know and have treated Zach VERY unfairly. The position was offered to him and he accepted. JB would not pick someone unsuitable for a job if he knew it would cause problems in the long run, that is just plain stupid. And the fact they met does solidify his belief in what Zach is capable of. Age makes no difference, when I first became a moderator I was 14, yet no one complained then.

I believe Zach will be a great moderator and can contribute greatly to this forum, unlike what has happened in this thread. So for the time being this thread will remained closed until it's discussed whether it should be open or not.

-RA69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results