New video for my audience

I'm confused are you an illusionist or a magician? I didn't see any illusions the closest thing to an illusion would be pressure but you may want to clarify it in your video, plus I would add some CG to it talking about accomplishments and shows as well as something that conveys to your audience what your target group is that your trying to reach. Plus I'm pretty positive the toilet paper roll act is being performed by Michael Kent on his road tour but I'm not sure if it's his original act but I would check into that as well.

gio

May 3, 2009
Poland
I'm confused are you an illusionist or a magician? I didn't see any illusions the closest thing to an illusion would be pressure but you may want to clarify it in your video, plus I would add some CG to it talking about accomplishments and shows as well as something that conveys to your audience what your target group is that your trying to reach. Plus I'm pretty positive the toilet paper roll act is being performed by Michael Kent on his road tour but I'm not sure if it's his original act but I would check into that as well.

I have to tell you about differences in languages :) in Center and West Europe we have the same word for illusionist and magicians in fact we never say magicien even if you do a street magic, i belive you understand me becouse my english is so bad :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
For a promo video it was a little above average but not like, "Wow...I'm hiring this guy" type of video. Just my thoughts.

I would probably cut the first clip of the guy sitting on the couch with the card changing and start the video with some of your flourishing (like the card spring) to the music and then get into spectators reactions and smiling.

Definitely list some accomplishments or other credentials in the video so that they pop up during the video transitions and what not.

Like I said...it definitely looks like a work in progress but I think you can do a little better.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
The beginning was dull. I need you to wake me up when I see the video! I want the words "Wow" to leave my mouth. End with a bang as well... Not bad at all though, you just have to look at a promo in a different light, rather that just a montage.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I was listening to my favorite radio show in the world this morning. They're in the process of finding a new dj to join the crew. Anyway they were going through audition tapes and said something in jest that actually stands quite true. They don't want to wait a minute or two into the tape to understand how good you are, etc... they want to know in the first 10-20 seconds if you're capable of the job.

I didn't know that about the meaning of magician or illusionist in that aspect I learn something new everyday but atleast here in the world I reside in saying your an illusionist to the average laymen I believe can come off as copperfieldish and magician seems more one on one to your audience with small type props. Either way it could still be splitting hairs but its still important to understand your surroundings in the sense of your communities idea of what an illusionist and magician is. Interesting most people don't know what mentalism or the term mentalist is but everyone at some point has heard the others.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results