No experience in Coin Magic

Dec 26, 2009
I know you said DVD but I'm sure someone on this forum will suggest the book, J.B. Bobo Modern Coin Magic. (EDIT* See I told you they would suggest it ^^^) I will be the first to tell you that for a beginner I believe that this book is NOT the right place to start. BUT, the book can be found for a minimal amount of money. I got mine for around 6 dollars.

Don't get me wrong the book is a great one and an important book to have for coin magic. There is so much information on coin magic in that book, but I also believe that the downfall for beginners is how much info there is in the book.

As mentioned above, I would also start with In The Beginning There Were Coins By Noblezada. There are a few cheesy things he teaches but he goes over the basics very well IMO.

Aug 17, 2010
Look into Expert Coin Magic - Made Easy by David Roth. David Stone also has an introductory coin magic DVD (and the title escapes me at the moment).

Bobo's Modern Coin Magic is a tough read, and the language is somewhat dated, but you get a lot of bang for the buck.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
I would say get Bobos modern coin magic and work through it, you dont have to learn everything just get a feel for it and see if coin magic is for you. Then get the David Roth dvd set.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Michael Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic is a really good source.
One problem with Bobo's is that it has SO much content that sometimes you get lost.

David Roth or Michael Ammar's beginner coin DVD's are very good and they follow a structured sequence of learning.

Either way, you can't go wrong with Bobo's, Ammar, or Roth.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
If you are looking just at DVD's for coin magic most people have already mentioned it: Michael Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic. Then you have David Roth's Expert Coin Magic. But one that hasn't been mentioned yet, and I used all three of these sets to learn the basics, is David Stone's two DVD's. I know that is a lot of cash, about 140 bucks, but it is worth it. Then start going through Bobo's book and you will be able to slide through everything.

Nov 8, 2007
I still think Michael Ammar's "Complete Intro to Coin Magic" is the best place to start, both for the value and the material. As always with Ammar, everything is well taught and well laid out. He covers everything you need to know to start out.

Sleights
Fingerpalm
Classic Palm
Thumbpalm
Getting into Thumbpalm
Back Thumbpalm
Downs Palm
The Back Clip
Finger Clip
Deep Back Clip
Natural Lay of the Hand
Simple Take
Simple Put
Schneider Vanish
Le Tourniquet
Reverse French Drop
Classic Fake Transfer
The Slide Vanish
Friction Palm
Spider Vanish
Misdirection
The Magic Wand
Revolve Load
Thumbpalm Load
Sonic Squeeze
Produce and Complete Vanish
Timing

Effects
Flurries
Coin to Key
Gone!
1 Minute Coin Vanish
A Sure Bet
The Phone Home Pen
Double Your Money
Completely Gone!
What's That In Your Ear
Coin from Tie
Tricky Trousers
Silver Dollar to Quarters
Half Dollar to 5 Dimes
Coin Thru Table
Simple Coins Across
Copper/Silver Transposition
The Thieves, Sheep and the Barn

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
I want to start coin magic. What is a good dvd resource?
michael vincent volume 2 of his trilogy, and don't start to learn the classic palm (because almost of the dvd start this way, it's bit a discouraging , cause it takes months to "master") that's why i suggest to you michael vincent , he''ll teach the basics you need
but you'll have to buy more than one dvd
an maybe buy soft coins
pm me if you want

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results