Official Business Card Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I have one designed but not printed... not that it's complicated.
Ever seen the movie Men in Black? Well... I feel that a business card with little decoration adds mystique.
It just has
Name
Close-up illusionist
Phone​
in a whitish font on a black card. A little dark blue splash of colour for my name :)
I'd post it, except... I can't find it... :confused:

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
That's a cool idea. Is it something like one of these? Click attachments to see) (I just did your screen name, but the GrN could be your actual initials.)

(The white ones are the backs)

j

Attachments

• MiB1.jpg
    MiB1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 350
  • MiB2a.jpg
    MiB2a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 285
  • MiB2ab.jpg
    MiB2ab.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 264
  • MiB2b.jpg
    MiB2b.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 268
Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Thanks, I was thinking about doing that. Prepare to see my business card in a couple of days. I just need to find my camera...

and this bigger card

there is a back but i dont feel like showin it

Chris I am finding a problem with your card, as well as other people's. I would like to address this now.

On your card it says: CHRIS in large letters above the word magician which is written in smaller letters. It doesn't make sense to have our name come first. Put it this way. Do you thing someone wants to hire Chris Weihl. Or do they want to hire a magician. You see.

When I see a card and it says "Donald Ravegen" I could care less and my attention has been lossed. But if I see one that says: "Fire Eater" I have been hooked. I am just saying. put magician first and your name after.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Chris I am finding a problem with your card, as well as other people's. I would like to address this now.

On your card it says: CHRIS in large letters above the word magician which is written in smaller letters. It doesn't make sense to have our name come first. Put it this way. Do you thing someone wants to hire Chris Weihl. Or do they want to hire a magician. You see.

When I see a card and it says "Donald Ravegen" I could care less and my attention has been lossed. But if I see one that says: "Fire Eater" I have been hooked. I am just saying. put magician first and your name after.

I disagree, business cards are completely situational, it depends what you want to get out of the card, just the same as any other kind of literature.

If you're posting your biz cards or handing them out randomly in the street, then your approach would be the most effective, then again, I'm not sure I'd recommend that as the most effective form of marketing one's self! :p

My name features most prominently on my card, it does note "contemporary magic and psychological entertainment" in a small text along the top, and "call *** to discuss your requirements now" in the same along the bottom though all the same.

I'll not bother posting as I'd have to upload to photobucket, but it's simple, direct, to the point white-out on black.

I very rarely hand out my card without people having already seen what I do or have an understanding, my hook is ME.

Not magic tricks, sure people expect to have their minds read and metal to melt, but the real hook is having Dee Christopher at your event. It's all about the name.

If someone gets your card without knowing what you do or if they find it difficult to keep attention when flickering their eyes over the minimal amount of info a card should offer, then the issue is perhaps in the manner they receive the card, be it direct from you or from a 3rd party. A card is simply an effective way of making sure that people don't forget your contact details, collateral, not so much a marketing tool in my eyes.

Hope that helps,

DC

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca

I disagree as well. You see, I want people to remember my name more than anything. They won't forget I'm a magician. I don't want people to say "hey remember that magician they had last year?" I DO want them to say "hey remember Justin Morris last year?" and everyone knows who they are talking about.
If they want to book me again and have lost my card, I don't want them to google Edmonton magician, I want them googling my name - because they remember it. The card is one way to reinforce your name in their mind.

Which makes me think of another point slightly unrelated. A friend pointed this out to me. When you introduce yourself, always include your last name. People are more likely to remember you. For instance, right now, out loud, list five famous people....
I bet you listed off last names too, right? You likely didn't say Tom, Mel etc.
Something to think about.

Justin Morris

I disagree as well. You see, I want people to remember my name more than anything. They won't forget I'm a magician. I don't want people to say "hey remember that magician they had last year?" I DO want them to say "hey remember Justin Morris last year?" and everyone knows who they are talking about.
If they want to book me again and have lost my card, I don't want them to google Edmonton magician, I want them googling my name - because they remember it. The card is one way to reinforce your name in their mind.

Which makes me think of another point slightly unrelated. A friend pointed this out to me. When you introduce yourself, always include your last name. People are more likely to remember you. For instance, right now, out loud, list five famous people....
I bet you listed off last names too, right? You likely didn't say Tom, Mel etc.
Something to think about.

Justin Morris

My point simply is that people want to hire an entertainer not Dylan Piknick. Having them remember your name is up to you. Introducing yourself is a good idea. Also, if you are that good and give them a good show, they should have no probloem remembering your name. See?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results