Paul Harris Presents: Hand Out 500

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Here is the newest trick for Paper Crane, I think it looks like your average bill change but ending clean like that is a huge bonus. What say you?

-Michael

D

Deleted member 2755

Video isn't working for me. Either it's a bad link or my phone is being stupid. By the descriptions I've read it looks great. I think it's worth it if you don't own something lime Prophet or Extreme Burn which are both good. I'll probably get this at some point over the other changes already out.

-Doug

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
First bill change in the vein of (what was the original called before prophet or extreme burn?)
that actually interests me. First one that ill buy if the reviews come back positive.

Eh, if I decided to get this, it would only be to see how different the gimmick is from standard variations. Otherwise, I find no point in handing out the bills at the end of the effect. It's not like you're going to blow $500 and give a Benjamin to everyone in the audience for keeps. Firstly, there's no legitimate point, but again if you REALLY wanted to do it-- there are various ways to hand out the bills with the numerous versions already on the market. Sooo... eh. What's special?

With that, I am a fan of being ballsy and letting the spectator do the change for Extreme Burn in their own hands. I've had some awesome, awesome responses to that. The crucial moment of magic should happen in the spectator's hands for maximum effect. To first do an impossible change and then hand the bills out for examination is (in my opinion) a let-down for spectators. After all, there's nothing for them to find or do with them. If you're going to involve the spectator's hands and interaction, it should be in the actual moment of the magic so they feel involved and responsible for their role. That's where the connection is.

Just my opinion.

I AM looking forward to his upcoming Little Man effect where a little guy made of play-doh comes to life and walks across the table allegedly without any threads, magnets, or impractical gimmicks. If it actually plays out as well as it does on paper, I would make sweet love to that effect every night I perform.

RS.

Sep 7, 2008
Just added this to my Easy Money + Variations topic in the Review section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Well...

I don't like how he points out there is no extra thickness. That doesn't matter at all. I perform Extreme Burn all the time and it's very easy to cover up the thickness. No one has ever noticed.

Then I think he handles the bills a little funny, as if he is sliding something below them. Also, I think folding the bills as he does makes the bills smaller in length, so kind of less magical. Slow Burn gives the same effect.

You could always hand out at least four of the bills, I usually did three, in the normal Easy Money routine. Is handing out the fifth bill that much better? Also, it looks like you can't change them back to ones.

One of the reactions shot was a magician, Aaron DeLong.

Yeah it looks neat, but why would you want to hand out the bills? The cool thing about Extreme Burn is that you can change the bills back and the folding of the bills looks pretty normal and casual (because that is how most people fold bills up.). As well as the extra thickness, which is pretty easy to hide and you really shouldn't be worrying about it.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
If you would really hand out your five $100 bills to a complete stranger in a public place, I want you to, out loud, say, "I am an idiot."

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
If you would really hand out your five $100 bills to a complete stranger in a public place, I want you to, out loud, say, "I am an idiot."

You do realize that you don't HAVE to use 100's right? I've used 5's for Extreme Burn so I'm sure you can use whatever you want for this as well. It would be down right silly for them to say you HAVE to use these or the trick won't work. Also people generally won't steal your money..

But like I mentioned earlier. I don't get the point of handing out the bills after wards. When you do any other bill change. People will generally except that you changed them into whatever else.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Dont some of you think that it isnt about actually handing them out,but about the idea that you could? Its just a way of saying that this effect is more practical than other bill changes out there. And the thickness comment as well.
Whether it is true or as true as its claimed we will see.
Just dont take everything said in a marketing video literally.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You do realize that you don't HAVE to use 100's right? I've used 5's for Extreme Burn so I'm sure you can use whatever you want for this as well. It would be down right silly for them to say you HAVE to use these or the trick won't work. Also people generally won't steal your money..

Yes, I realize that you don't have to use 100s. But I can imagine the title of the thread now...

"Some1 stoled my 100 doler bilz!"

what i would do is perform my extreme burn first. then i would switch them out. if they ask me to change them back i'll go back and take out the hand out hundy, then i would do that.
lets think people! we are magician! we can do a switch or 2. lets not get lazy

Jul 13, 2009
This would be a sweet way to pay for coffee at starbucks. Five bits of paper turn to five one dollar bills, keep the change barista.

May 9, 2008
I really don't see how handing the bills out makes bill switches more practical. I think people generally except that you don't want to get your money stolen, so you'd be an idiot to hand out any amount of money. Also people get DARN dissappointed when you hand them a $10 or a $20 or even $100 and then proceed to take it back. I'd say, "no you gave it to me, you put it in my hand, now you want it back?? No way!"

Dec 16, 2008
This would be a sweet way to pay for coffee at starbucks. Five bits of paper turn to five one dollar bills, keep the change barista.

Great idea man :)
I love all the bill changes. So visual.
This effect is the only one actually can be handout (all five bills) that I've known

Oct 23, 2007
love the video, actually am considering of getting this.
although might have to check out reviews first.

Aug 18, 2008
Its just nice that you end clean, thats always a plus. As visualartist said, you do not need to hand out the bills. I use extreme burn quite often, and I am happy with it, so I have no need for this trick. However, If i had to choose between the two now, I might look into handout 500.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results