Penguin Magic's Attempt at The Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Wow, you have successfully confused me.

My apologies if you missed the post where I did back up what I said. I gave the same viewpoint in a less professional tone under a different account, which is the whole reason Lyle called me out on it. The tone you are currently using is considerably less professional, so I am only trying to understand what the point of your comment was? I explained (backed up?) mine. ;)

What does that post offer to this thread? We are trying to discuss the differences between the two websites and the effect on submitting magic. My apologies that the thread isn't called "All about PopChris3", because you are welcome to start another.

Please try to stay on topic, or send me a PM. :)

All the best, Danny.
Sorry, all I heard was a bunch of nothingness. :D
Whattup Chris Wiehl !

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
This is quite interesting.

At the end of the day, integrity (and morality and all that) IS subjective. Many of us will have the same views, but the views of the magic community may be totally different from the view of other communities. I've said this before and will say it again: you can't legislate morality. These issues deal with LEGAL and ILLEGAL, not right and wrong. There are many examples of things people consider wrong that are also legal. I'm not a lawyer so I cannot speak to which laws apply in this situation. However, I am relatively sure that Penguin has done nothing illegal. That's not to say it is right, just simply that it is not illegal.

T11 was called an E knockoff for a long time; there are threads on both sites arguing about it. I'm not sure this is as big of a deal as people are making it.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
I think this thread has gone on long enough.

The Wire is awesome. Penguin's thing may not be as good and may have been created under questionable circumstances, but we'll have to deal with it. The greater one will prevail as people will make up their own minds about which to use (perhaps even both).

While a forum is a place for discussion and debate like this, there seems to be two sides/arguments cropping up over and over again. We've discussed it, now let's move on.

Request for thread lock.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hi guys,

Appreciate all of your support and kind words. I'm very proud of our team, and collectively, we're proud of what we've created with The Wire. We believe it is something truly revolutionary, new, and groundbreaking for the magic industry - putting direct control in your hands. The Wire is about you, not us.

I think that the success of the platform already - 33 releases and over 600 artist accounts in less than two weeks - speaks for itself. New submissions continue to roll in, and incredible things have already been published. I have contacted Penguin Magic privately today with hopes of reaching a positive resolution to this situation. In the interim, as I believe everything that can be said, has been said in this thread, I will close this post pending further updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results